Looking for friends who are "slow" losers too.

Options
13»

Replies

• japaneseboy
    japaneseboy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i know its juvenile but i can't help but chortle about the amount of people writing "i am a slow loser" in here.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I lose 2 pounds a week, but most of the time I lose 1 pound a week or 1 pound every other week. It really depends on what I decide to do that week.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Slow loser here also. I weigh everything, eat below maintenance, don't cheat, and I lose weight extremely slowly. It might have something to do with all the weight training I am doing, but my weight this time around has been stubborn to drop. Add me if you want to. I don't plan on giving up until I reach my goal, it is going to take a lot longer than I though it was going to though. Haha
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Slow loser here... feel free to add me :)
  • JessBeastMode
    Options
    I use to be a super SLOW loser, to the point where I went to my Doctor and told him to check my thyroid... the results came back and he said " No jay.. youre thyroid is excellent aside from your blood pressure and tryglycerides being a little high youre perfect!" i was like FML!!!! lol, Now.. a lot of you wont believe what I'm about to say.. So if you doubt me look at my profile pic you'll see the evidence there.. So I jumped on a program my buddy recommended, Because I was looking at the Lap band and or Gastric and really didn't want to go that route but felt like I had no other choice.. I was so damn skeptical because it wasn't cheap.. So I started and my first week I dropped ( and trust me I checked my scale 3 times, thought it was broken! lol) 15lbs,! 2ndWk 9lbs, 3rdWk 6lbs,4thWeek 4lbs and In about 3 1/2 months I was able to drop 70lbs!! (again if you don't think its possible look at my profile pic!) Now I've slowed down I'll lose anywhere from 2-3lbs a Week!. Heres the point to my story.. the only thing that I changed was my eating! THAT'S IT!! trust me you don't have to be a slow loser!!
  • MsGaladrial
    Options
    I too, saw a dietician and she had my doctor prescribe Metformin (she thought I was insulin resistant) but. that didn't help, so I quit taking it. Weight training is supposed to help amp up metabolism if you do it consistently. I'm assuming your thyroid function and A1c are normal? If everything is within normal limits, and you exercise regularly (I didn't and that was my failing), then I guess it's just one of those hurdles to overcome and accept...but never give up, if you're eating healthy food and moving, you ARE improving your health! :happy: