How to tell someone you dont want to give

Options
124»

Replies

• Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    "Sorry, I can't give you rides, ever, it just doesn't work out for me" and if she presses you just say a firm No and walk away. She will get over it. I have friends that I've had to give blunt no's to before. They get it. Because we all understand that we all need to do our thing.

Cars and gas are expensive, and time is precious. I used to have a 1.5 hour public transit commute to work before I bought my own car with my hard-earned cash. I never pushed anyone for rides, no matter where they lived or what direction they were going in. She could have 10 legit reasons for not driving but none of those are your problem.

Very true, I worked my butt of getting my car. I had to go to driving school which was very costly and I saved up money to get my first car and when they save allot of money taking public transportation and expect rides from us.hells no:grumble:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    "Sorry, I can't give you rides, ever, it just doesn't work out for me" and if she presses you just say a firm No and walk away. She will get over it. I have friends that I've had to give blunt no's to before. They get it. Because we all understand that we all need to do our thing.

Cars and gas are expensive, and time is precious. I used to have a 1.5 hour public transit commute to work before I bought my own car with my hard-earned cash. I never pushed anyone for rides, no matter where they lived or what direction they were going in. She could have 10 legit reasons for not driving but none of those are your problem.

Very true, I worked my butt of getting my car. I had to go to driving school which was very costly and I saved up money to get my first car and when they save allot of money taking public transportation and expect rides from us.hells no:grumble:

then if its a question of money then ask her to contribute.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

1.) you don't save a lot of money taking public transit- my BF spends upwards of 500 a month driving into NYC- taking the train would be 550 + parking.

2.) lots of people paid to go to driving school and have license and save for a car. I don't really see that as some sort of special exception/addendum/excuse.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options

1.) you don't save a lot of money taking public transit- my BF spends upwards of 500 a month driving into NYC- taking the train would be 550 + parking.

2.) lots of people paid to go to driving school and have license and save for a car. I don't really see that as some sort of special exception/addendum/excuse.

Well from where I live you save allot of money taking public transportation because you just have to buy a buss pass every month.An adult buss pass is around $95 and it expires at the end of the month then you have to buy a new one that's it.You don't have to worry about parking or anything. With my car, i have to pay for gas, insurance and maintenance to keep the car running like oil change etc. My car is already paid for but its an older car and repairs come up from time to time which can be costly unless if you know how to fix your own car. Maybe its different where you live but here you save allot $$$ using public transportation but I like the convenience and freedom my car provides me:flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's just a ride. Just say no, and be done with it. This is a limit, where you draw a line. We all have things that we are comfortable or uncomfortable with. She should understand if you are kind and direct.