12-oz. fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 stick butter
Mixed herbs of your choice
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 large egg
2 large egg yolks
1 cup grated Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 325°F and grease casserole dish with butter. In skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in the butter. Add the herbs and cook for about 4 minutes. In a bowl, combine the cream, egg and the egg yolks. Sprinkle the swiss cheese all over the bottom of the casserole, put mushroom mixture on top, then pour cream/egg mixture over that. Bake 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.

Approximately 7 total carbs.

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    12-oz. fresh mushrooms
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/2 stick butter
    1/3 cup heavy cream
    1 large egg
    2 large egg yolks

Preheat oven to 325°F and grease casserole dish with butter. In skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in the butter. Add the herbs and cook for about 4 minutes. In a bowl, combine the cream, egg and the egg yolks. Sprinkle the swiss cheese all over the bottom of the casserole, put mushroom mixture on top, then pour cream/egg mixture over that. Bake 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.

How many servings is this?
    Sounds delish!
    :flowerforyou: Thanks!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    12-oz. fresh mushrooms
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/2 stick butter
    1/3 cup heavy cream
    1 large egg
    2 large egg yolks

Thank you!!!
    Guess what's on the menu for dinner toniiiight? :wink:

I'll post a pic if it comes out pretty :laugh:
  • sherkert
    sherkert Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Made this recipe last night...it was delicious =D

Since I'm the only one in the house who eats mushrooms, I made one with 'shrooms & one with cauliflower.

It was very much like a crustless quiche. I made the mushroom recipe exactly as written & got 4, 1 cup servings at something like 490+ calories. Yes, it was a little calorific but filling & since I was out all day running errands, I had lots of calories to spare.

I probably won't make it again until I've reached goal because I've still got some fat to lose.

Now the cauliflower recipe....it was just as good, but I got 7, 1 cup servings that came in under 300 cal per serving.

The next time I make the mushroom recipe, I'll do 1/2 cup servings & probably end up with the same calories comparably.

Now, I'm no foodie and the lighting sucks, but here are the pics,

mushroomcasserole.jpg

cauliflowercasserole.jpg
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Drooling. ....... love shrooms.
    Thanks for pic, makes me want it more.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    12-oz. fresh mushrooms
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/2 stick butter
    1/3 cup heavy cream
    1 large egg
    2 large egg yolks

Approximately 7 total carbs
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and tweek this a bit to lower the calories and fat and see how it tastes. Cause it sure looks delish!

Same Mushrooms
    Same onions
    Spray butter for the pan and sauteeing veggies
    Same herbs
    I'd use unsweetened almond milk
    I'd use 3/4 cups egg beaters
    Same swiss cheese

I will see how this works
This discussion has been closed.