HRM/ Calories Burned

cmw9696
cmw9696 Posts: 123
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All! I am wondering what everyone is using to track your calories burned? Do you use the BodyBugg, BodyMedia? Garmin HRM? How accurate are they? What are your recommendations?

I have a Garmin 305, and I just don't think it works well for anything but my running...

thanks!
christine

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I have a Polar F7 and LOVE IT!
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    I have a polor also....LOVE IT!
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Hi there MFP friend!!!

I have a bodybugg that I use to track my calories burned. I have had it for about a month now and I really like it because it does keep track of my entire day. The website that you use with it is not really that great, especially the food tracking part. I track all my food on this website, as you already know, and then use the bodybugg site to keep track of my calories burned.

The bodybugg does not have any HRM built into it, it uses other ways to monitor your calorie burns but so far I think it is pretty accurate. Its nice to know when I go home at night were I stand on calories burned and if I need to exercise more or less to hit my goal for the day. Some days at work I am on the run none stop and some days I am on butt all day so it really helps me keep track on hitting my calories burned daily goal.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    I use the bodybugg as well and I love it. It is a bit of an investment but, it is well worth it.
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Thanks everyone! I think my husband has a Polar...

Anyway, I don't know yet, I have been looking a little on line at the BodyBugg...
This discussion has been closed.