What is your favorite brand and flavor of tea?

Options

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I adore Good Earth Sweet & Spicy (they have caffeine free too) very cinnamony... and it tastes very sweet without adding anything. I love it hot in the morning and Iced all day.

This is my all time fave as well. MMMmmmmm... I also like to add a bag of this to my water bottle. I don't even need to heat up the water first. I toss the bag in the night before.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    My son bought me a Cuisinart tea brewer last year and a bunch of tins of loose tea. I use the appliance either to boil water (it uses less electricity than a stove) or to brew tea. I got rather addicted to loose tea and tend to drink it all afternoon in winter and fall when I'm home. My favorite flavor is earl grey, but I have a wide variety of green teas and chais. Roobios is also very nice, with lots of antioxidants. Camomile is good for relaxation I actually had some leftover and put it over ice with a little sugar and it was very refreshing
  • mrsemmypants
    mrsemmypants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tetley Black. It's British and pretty full of caffeine and delicious! I love all of the Stash Tea that I've tried, my favorite is the white chocolate though. Tea is delicious :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions. :smile:
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I don't drink traditional tea, but I do enjoy Korean honey citron "tea" which is like a marmalade you can add to hot or cold water. Great to soothe a sore throat or warm you up! Every now and again I will have some herbal peppermint tea, celestial seasonings has a good one.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Twinings Darjeeling. Or Earl Grey or English Breakfast.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    A true tea is made with camellia leaves (camellia sinensis) and that's what makes green tea, darjeeling, matcha, sencha, etc etc etc
    http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/tea

I just love tea!! I don't usually want the caffeine, and so I'll choose something decaffeinated or herbal, like decaf green from Savemart (it's their store brand, and very good, BTW!!) or rooibos, or chamomile, peppermint etc. Trader joes has a decent selection, as does Cost Plus Imports! I really DONT like a tea which contains added flavors. I only want to taste whatever herb they used.

Numi brand is expensive, but very delicious.

If you don't mind brewing using bulk herbs instead of tea bags, you could buy here
    http://www.bulkherbstore.com/
    You could make up your own tea bags by purchasing bags from bulkherbstore.com
  • bandgeek_17
    Options
    Stash double bergamot Earl Grey - so delicious.

One of my favorites! I am a sucker for Earl Grey. I also love Stash Moroccan Mint. Tazo Zen and their version of mint tea (I put one of each tea bag for a great mix). If I am in the mood for fruity, which is rare Tazo Passion.

I love tea, especially in the fall. I don't drink coffee at all.
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I adore Good Earth Sweet & Spicy (they have caffeine free too) very cinnamony... and it tastes very sweet without adding anything. I love it hot in the morning and Iced all day.

This is my all time fave as well. MMMmmmmm... I also like to add a bag of this to my water bottle. I don't even need to heat up the water first. I toss the bag in the night before.

OH WOW!!! you are my new best friend!! LOL I've been icing it!! tonight it's steeping in the bottle!!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

OH WOW!!! you are my new best friend!! LOL I've been icing it!! tonight it's steeping in the bottle!!

If I am using a traditional disposable water bottle with the smaller spout I cut the string off from the bag since I won't be able to retrieve the bag later.
  • gymjury
    Options
    Tea is for Brits.

LOL. I was placing people as UK or US just based on their tea choice
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have loved various teas hot and cold over the years. Tazo had some of my faves, hot chai tea being probably my all time fave from them.

However, I also noticed over the years that whenever someone offered me some iced tea and I was really impressed with the flavor and asked them about it, it never failed that they said it was just Lipton iced tea. So Lipton is my go to for iced tea, love it.

I'm probably weird though for thinking Lipton is great. So be it.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Tetley's Earl Grey with vanilla (which I have to order online, can't find in stores anymore :c ) followed by their green tea with lemon... then their Redbush with vanilla, which I drink in the evenings as it's caffine free like all redbush tea ^-^
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I love yogi tea, especially the ginger tea, skin detox (tastes a bit like rose water), and breathe deep tea. I
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Bigelow Earl Grey. You don't even need sugar or cream. It smells amazing. If I could find a way to wear it like perfume, I would!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I find tea to be a good placebo when I want something sweet but dont have the calories. My fave brand are Bigelow, Tazo and Stash. My fave flavors are: English Breakfast (caffeine in this is comparable to coffee), Earl Grey, Constant Comment and Chai.

Edited because Autocorrect is stoopid.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I LOVED the Lipton Mixed Berry green tea for my iced tea when they had it. I don't think they make it anymore, because I can no longer find it, and I haven't found anything else I liked as much as that flavor.

Luizianne (sp?) has a nice normal black tea for iced tea, too.

For hot, I like Chai.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Bigelow Earl Grey. You don't even need sugar or cream. It smells amazing. If I could find a way to wear it like perfume, I would!

That's a good hot tea, too!
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yogi, Egyptian Licorice. It's naturally sweet. Tastes like having dessert.