Im looking for a filling breakfast recipe...

Options
I currently am eating PB toast on whole wheat bread. I do not have lunch until roughly 11 o clock. My breakfast has to tide me over from about 7 until 11. After that, my lunch carries me over until my after work/pre practice snack.

My PB toast has aided me for years in losing weight, however I am starting to get really tired of it. I have friends that simply put oatmeal into a tupperware container.... add water, nuke it... add PB and Whey PP.

Im looking for some ideas to help assist the PB toast...

THanks everyone.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly the most filling breakfast for me has been oatmeal with nut butter - can be hazelnut, peanut, almond, anything really... for 300ish calories it's the best I've found, if I want anything else to fill me up as much it's at least 500 calories worth of food.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I make homemade breakfast sandwiches with an egg, half a slice of cheese, and two slices of bacon on a multigrain or wheat english muffin. Easy peasy breakfast, fits my macros for the morning, and keeps me full until lunch.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Homemade granola. Makes a big amount, store in a large jar or covered container. 1/3 cup (about 227 calories) keeps me pretty satisfied all morning: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/51191696 You can add or delete whatever fruit/nuts you like.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Any day that I have eggs and oatmeal I find myself almost skipping lunch.
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love toast with one or two scrambled eggs, some veggies and a tablespoon of nut butter.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes and fruit...yummy and filling!
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My most filling breakfast is
    1/3 c. oats, made with water
    add 1T flax seed
    0.5T peanut butter
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 container 80 calorie greek yogurt

It is delicious, clocks in at about 450 calories, and keeps me full 5-6 hours.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I do a fruit smoothie (homemade) and 1/4 cup of dry roasted almonds. It comes to somewhere around 350 calories and keeps me full until lunch. Bonus for me is that I can take it to work and have breakfast around 8 AM instead of earlier, and I do lunch around noon.
  • terra32907
    terra32907 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There are lots of recipes for steel cut oatmeal in the crockpot. I make a batch on Sunday night and put it into individual bowls. It's good for a few days and its very filling. And so easy peasy!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Last week, I ate cinnamon Life cereal with soy milk and banana for breakfast and did not need a snack before lunch.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes and fruit...yummy and filling!

I cannot tell everyone how much I love the protein pancakes! Filling, high in protein, low in calories. It's so easy. I make them and 1/2 one morning and have 1/2 the next. One batch is one serving (337 calories) but it is way too much. I like mine with less than 1/4 c. of light syrup.

http://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-cottage-cheese-pancakes-43072

Otherwise I like Greek yogurt with Bear Naked granola.

2 eggs over easy on 2 pieces whole wheat toast.

Or even a turkey wrap for breakfast. Wheat tortilla, 2 or 3 ounces of turkey 1/4 cup of moz. cheese and nuke it. Or swap turkey for a scrambled egg.

Always something with protein for me to keep me full all morning to get to lunch time.
  • missmaex
    missmaex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have either cold overnight oats (almond milk, oats, honey, fruit, and nuts) or an english muffin with avocado and eggs. Both options are super quick to make and fill me up for a fair while.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Bacon, lettuce and tomato on toast. With mayo. Very satisfying and 300 calories.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Over night steel cut oats, 150 calories. You can add any fixins you like. Sticks to your ribs thru out the morning and easy to make.

4 cups boiling water
    Pinch salt
    1 cup steel cut oats

Add oats to boiling salted water and bring back to rolling boil.
    Cover pot with lid, turn off stove and go to bed.
    When you get up, stir and put in 4 equal 1 cup bowls.
    Keep in fridge, microwave as needed.
  • berkayaliulker
    Options
    try muesli with fruits and coffee; a very filling breakfast!
  • veritasky
    veritasky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to mix 1 cup of non-fat greek yogurt with one of those dole fruit cups in 100% juice (or 1/2 cup of fruit of your choice), and then i throw in some shredded wheat and it keeps me pretty full and happy! :) and it is super quick and easy. :)
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I like to mix 1 cup of non-fat greek yogurt with one of those dole fruit cups in 100% juice (or 1/2 cup of fruit of your choice), and then i throw in some shredded wheat and it keeps me pretty full and happy! :) and it is super quick and easy. :)

I want to do this. My nephew swears by shredded wheat (no sugar, no sodium, carbs and protein, vitamins/minerals and filling), but I just am not a cereal person anymore. This I will have to try. I'm putting this on my grocery list! Thanks.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This egg recipe is delicious! http://www.fitsugar.com/Jessica-Simpson-Breakfast-35170922 I never cook them as long as it suggests when they go back in the oven because I like my yolk to be really soft.
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I make a french toast casserole with 12 grain bread that is super filling, super easy and you can make a 15 x 10 pan, cut into 12 pieces and have 12 days worth of breakfast in the freezer ready to go~

1 loaf 12 grain bread (any brand, cut into cubes)
    1 can coconut milk (regular or light)
    1 small container liquid egg whites (equivalent of 10 egg whites)
    1 teaspoon of cinnamon
    1 tablespoon of vanilla
    1/4 cup of Truvia baking blend (stevia)

Mix that all in a mixing bowl and then put into the baking pan.

Add any type fruit you want. I have done the following combinations:

Blueberries and almond slices
    Cranberries and orange zest
    Apples and raisins
    Frozen peaches (thawed and diced up)

Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees. With 12 servings, you are set for a couple of weeks of breakfast. I find by the 12th serving I'm usually ready for another type of fruit and then I just make up another batch.

Depending on the fruit, this is between 215 and 300 calories per serving but holds you through the morning. I usually have a piece of fruit around 10:30 am after eating this around 7 am.
  • Flips37
    Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've found that 2 large eggs scrambled with 1/4 cup lowfat cheese (usually cooked in a mug in the microwave to save cooking and clean-up time) paired with a piece of whole wheat toast with a little butter holds me over pretty well from about 7am-11:30am or noon. It works better for me than two slices of toast with peanut butter for about the same number of calories (300-350 depending on how much cheese/butter I use).