Anyone use Visalus?

Options
I think I spelled it right. Just curious if anyone has used this product. I ran into someone I used to work with who was on the larger side but now they do bikini competitions. Its the first time I've heard of it so wanted to hear more to see if its worth me spending money on. I'm a stay at home mom so I can't just splurge on anything. Also I'm working out 5-6x a week...

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a gal who sold this. I didn't purchase any.

Really pricey when you add in all the flavorings, etc. Besides it's low calorie, so you're adding a substantial amount of nutrition elsewhere.

Look for a good quality protein powder.....make your own smoothies with fruit and veggies. You control everything.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I still have some. My neighbor who sold it to me swears by it. I havent drank it in months. I dont think it is worth money when i can eat real food and still lose weight. I might drink it for a meal replacement occasionally but I dont drink it as a main source to lose weight.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I think I spelled it right. Just curious if anyone has used this product. I ran into someone I used to work with who was on the larger side but now they do bikini competitions. Its the first time I've heard of it so wanted to hear more to see if its worth me spending money on. I'm a stay at home mom so I can't just splurge on anything. Also I'm working out 5-6x a week...

I had never heard of it before this thread. I googled and it looks like another version of the shakeology stuff.

You would probably be better off just eating the real food that is within your budget. I wouldn't waste my money on it. If you want your food in liquid form put it into the blender and make a smoothie.

You are doing the right thing by working out 5-6x a week and logging your food here.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Again, unless you plan on drinking expensive shakes for the rest of your life to create your calorie deficit, you'll most likely gain the weight back once you reach your goal and stop using them. It is the same problem with every similar product.
  • activeinmysixties
    Options
    All commercial products rarely is of benefit to the user