Supportive Swimwear for Aqua Aerobics

Hello everyone,

I'm a size 16-18 and wear a 40D/DD. I am trying to figure out the best swimsuit to provide the least amount of breast movement. I usually wear something like a sports bra but the chlorine degrades them pretty quickly. I want to be able to bounce around and be energetic without pain or falling out. I frankly don't care what it looks like, I just want a suit with excellent support. I plan to be in the pool 3-4 times a week, so something that won't fall apart in a month would be great too.

Thanks!

Sterling

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    I'm a 32G! We may have different band sizes, but swimwear for huge boobs is actually a great market.

I get pretty much all of my swimwear and bras from brands that aim at people in our size range - try out Fantasie, Freya, Panache, Chantelle, and Aerin Rose. If there is a Nordstrom in your area, have them figure out your actual bra size, too! It sounds weird, but most places give you their store-size, like Victoria's Secret :c Knowing your real size helps a LOT, I thought I was a DD until I got it all sorted out.

Anyhow, I got my bikini from Fantasie and I'm LOVING IT. It's built like a bra. Super supportive, modestly designed, TONS of metal support wires, and nice thick straps so they don't cut into my shoulders when I bounce.

The only catch is that you're going to pay for it :/ They're on the high-end side of clothing, so my bikini top was about $60. Which is about how expensive the bras are. But I have had my favorite bra from them for five years now, and it has not torn, changed shape, stained, and I have never been poked by a wire. It's pretty much a miracle product.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Check out modcloth too.