Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wanted: Healthy Tofu Casserole/Stew/Lasanga/Crutless Quiche

1992Leigh1992
1992Leigh1992 Posts: 100 Member
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for dinner ideas using firm Tofu. I normally just make a stir-fry or curry so I'm on the lookout for new ideas.

I am finding that not having a food processor or blender is a major barrier to a lot of the recipes I find.

This looks great but I'm skeptical about whether or not the tofu will actually cook underneath all the pumpkin. http://whyveg.com/recipes/make_this.php?recipe=10

If you have a favorite tofu recipe that isn't a stir-fry, please post.

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking for dinner ideas using firm Tofu. I normally just make a stir-fry or curry so I'm on the lookout for new ideas.

I am finding that not having a food processor or blender is a major barrier to a lot of the recipes I find.

This looks great but I'm skeptical about whether or not the tofu will actually cook underneath all the pumpkin. http://whyveg.com/recipes/make_this.php?recipe=10

If you have a favorite tofu recipe that isn't a stir-fry, please post.

I know you wanted firm tofu recipes.... I have used the soft tofu in my veggie lasagnas. I don't have measurements but I can give you an idea of what is in it.

Your fave tomato sauce homemade or store bought
    Pacage of tofu I use soft but firm will work too
    package of lasagna noodles

zucchini shredded
    mushrooms sliced
    garlic minced chopped sliced-your call
    onion diced
    soy sauce
    what ever spices and herbs you like ( i go for the basil or oregano)
    salt and pepper optional

Often, I will make it with a pine nut cream sauce but it does require a blender. This is a great recipe from the book Veganicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. I am not sure if I am allowed to post it here. You may be able to get this recipe from Post Punk Kitchen online.

Boil the noodles, drain and cool. I separate the noodles and lay them out on my cutting board or dish towel.

In a pan with a lid I cook down the soy sauce, mushrooms and onions first, they take a little longer. Add garlic and zucchini.

In a large mixing bowl mash the tofu. I use a pastry blender or a fork.

Add all veggies to the tofu in the mixing bowl. Season as you wish here with any spices you see fit.

Layer the veggie tofu mixture, sauce and noodles as you would. I do sauce as the first layer.

Cover and bake.

I usually bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 50 minutes.