My Grocery Bill Needs to Shrink! Eating healthy on a low bud

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Man I have no control, I came from a poor family and we didn't have a lot of stuff so my Mother always fed us like queens and kings we all ways had tons of food in the house an freezers out in the garage. Now I am wasteful I spend 20-30 dollars a day. I go to the store every day. I have never used a budget or a meal plan. After reading what others are spending I realize I need some help and I throw food out every week bc no body cooks it. We take meat out then somebody buys out so the meat goes bad. It's me and two grown daughters Not to mention if I had a penny for every banana and apple we throw out a week. HELP.
    There's actually a name for this ...I'm sure you'll find it if you Google, there is explanation and help in changing from feeling like you'll never get food again to buying more than the household could possibly eat. :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if there is anybody that shops for either yourself or even maybe one other person in your household, and about how much do you spend every week on groceries? I always feel like I spend way too much on food and am trying to eat healthy on a low budget!
    $25 a week for myself eating healthy food.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments! I guess my bill isnt as bad as I thought. I normally spend about 70 every two weeks or so. I do think I could do without a few things though and stock up more on less processed food.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Woa, or the food is way more expensive in Montreal or I really over spend but for myself and my 2 kids 11 and 4 y/o, I easily spend 500-600$ a month