Gaining weight due to water consumption?

Options
I have been consuming 3.25 liters of water everyday for the past week and prior to that I was drinking little to none. I was just wondering if you think that the reason I've gained this week is due to the high amount of water and my body adjusting or if I should be looking what I should be eating (haven't been tracking but I know it's like 99% better than what I have been lately)?

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Are you retaining water? Seems very unlikely that water is making you gain weight because your body should naturally expell the water.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of water. I bet the weight you've gained is just pee, lol.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have been consuming 3.25 liters of water everyday for the past week and prior to that I was drinking little to none. I was just wondering if you think that the reason I've gained this week is due to the high amount of water and my body adjusting or if I should be looking what I should be eating (haven't been tracking but I know it's like 99% better than what I have been lately)?

Water is good for you and while 3.25 liters a day sounds like a lot, it's about 110 ounces; I easily drink more than that in a day.

If you've put on weight, it's likely from what you're eating, or at least from the sodium content of it. You need to track properly if you expect to steadily lose weight. 99% better means nothing if it still means you're going over your caloric intake.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    haven't been tracking
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I've been peeing a load since drinking the water so I guess I'm not holding onto it. I'm not tracking due to not wanting to get obsessed with calories and numbers again but I'll try and be more mindful and cut back on some carby foods and salts this week and see if that makes a difference. I also had a high calorie (based on judgement) weekend so that could also be it. Thanks guys.