Group Fitness Classes!

Options
Tomorrow morning I plan on taking my 1st group fitness class and I'm nervous! It's at 6:15am! It's Body Pump! Has anyone taken this?! How is it?!

On Wednesday I want to take spin at 7am and on Thursday I'm thinking Zumba at 5pm and/or Body Pump at 6pm! And possibly Body Combat on Saturday at 11:30am! What have you guys taken? What do you like and why?

Replies

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I actually took my first Body Pump class this morning, I was nervous too but I loved it. It's a great workout.
    If you don't do much strength training, start with lower weights than you think you'll need. There's a lot of repetition. And like any class, introduce yourself to the instructor and tell them you haven't taken the class before. Have fun!
  • headzy
    headzy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For your first Spin class get there a little early and let the instructor know it's your first time so they can help set up your bike. Try to remember your settings for next time. Your butt will hurt after the first class but should be ok after that.
  • tehzilla
    Options
    I just took my first Body Pump class this morning!

I was really anxious at first, like I get before going to any new activity, really, but it went great! The instructor realized I was new, and told me what to pick out. I got there a little bit later than I wanted, so before I knew it, the workout had begun. I've never lifted weights before, so I was really unsure of what I was doing most of the time, but from watching the people around me, and a little bit of instructor feedback, I think I got the gist of it. It was a really fun intro to weight training. I'm hoping to build some general knowledge about what weight lifting routines to get into, how to lift weights, etc. Just enough to not be intimidated by the free weights in the gym!

I'm going to go to another Body Pump tomorrow morning, granted I can get out of bed... haha. I'm not sore at all right now, so I'm expecting it to kick in while I'm sleeping.