Unable to exercise for one week!!!

Options
I have just come back from speaking in a Ladie's conference in a very poor part of the country where I work. Had an absolutely WONDERFUL time both spiritually and socially with these gals. So many of them commented that I looked YOUNGER and BEAUTIFUL, but because I have lost inches and not many pounds they could not put their finger on what had changed. HA!

That was all good. Now the hard part. For one week I was completely out of control of WHAT was on the menu ( Rice, rice and more rice, very little protein, what protein there was fried to death) Without offending them ( they are so poor and offer me their best) I just tried my best to keep a record of everything, and control my own portion sizes.

Exercise was also pretty much not going to happen. Apart from the hectic schedule during the conference, then our work in the village, I was not ready to make a spectacle of myself for their amusement. I did, twice, in the privacy of a room, do some aerobic dance, and work with dumbells. But THEN dropped a dumbell on a bare toe and nearly broke it!!! HA. So, not only could I not exercise, but then was hobbling like an old woman for the rest of the week. Not very good for my new image as a revitalized woman! Anyway...I am home now, caught up my food diary and am planning a nice long swim later today with my badly bruised toe.

Thanks for listening

Replies

• deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have just come back from speaking in a Ladie's conference in a very poor part of the country where I work. Had an absolutely WONDERFUL time both spiritually and socially with these gals. So many of them commented that I looked YOUNGER and BEAUTIFUL, but because I have lost inches and not many pounds they could not put their finger on what had changed. HA!

That was all good. Now the hard part. For one week I was completely out of control of WHAT was on the menu ( Rice, rice and more rice, very little protein, what protein there was fried to death) Without offending them ( they are so poor and offer me their best) I just tried my best to keep a record of everything, and control my own portion sizes.

Exercise was also pretty much not going to happen. Apart from the hectic schedule during the conference, then our work in the village, I was not ready to make a spectacle of myself for their amusement. I did, twice, in the privacy of a room, do some aerobic dance, and work with dumbells. But THEN dropped a dumbell on a bare toe and nearly broke it!!! HA. So, not only could I not exercise, but then was hobbling like an old woman for the rest of the week. Not very good for my new image as a revitalized woman! Anyway...I am home now, caught up my food diary and am planning a nice long swim later today with my badly bruised toe.

Thanks for listening
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I always love to read how people are doing. You had a wonderful spiritual week. Pretty good, I say. And back on track too. Sorry about your dumbbell incident, it made me smile, but I bet it hurt like the dickens.
  • deb_ge
    Options
    It did, Redalee, and then my toe promptly turned BLACK. Of course we were no where near a doctor, so I just kind of 'grinned and bore it.' Until I could see what it was like in a few days. It is still swollen and sore, but now is a lovely delicate purple.

Things are looking up! :)
  • deb_ge
    Options
    Hooray!!! I finally got on the scale this morning...I was scared cos of the no exercise and no menu control. I lost another 2.5 pounds. God is SO good!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    God is good all the time! I just found a website (suggested on another thread) that said that general church/spiritual activities such as singing burn about 70 calories an hour...so you were exercising after all, no?

I hope your toe is soon other shades of healing and healed colours.
  • deb_ge
    Options
    Wow! That sounds great, Viviakay re:burning calories while doing spiritual activities. I lead worship sometimes on a Sunday with a band, and after playing guitar for 40 minutes, I am a sweaty mess. I looked it up on this website and thereis a catagory for heavy guitar playing! ha!

It is a win win!
  • sturge161
    sturge161 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am sure the week also gave you great motivation with so many people giving you such great compliments. I think all of us need that also to keep our spirits high when we get down on what we are eating and the fact that we HAVE to work out again!! :)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hey Viviakay did you go to calorielab? I just found it the other day. I was looking for stacking wood lol. I found it too. 330 cal /hour. Sorry to hear about your to deb_ge, hope it's better soon. Wish I had a pool close by. I love swimming.
  • deb_ge
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks everyone...I love being a part of this community too....everyone is so supportive!