Down 24 lbs...but not feeling skinnier?

Options
OK so i have lost 24 lbs.... yayyyyy....and i feel the only place ive lost weight was in my face and chest LOL my stomach is still very flabby and fatty, legs still jiggle... and though my pants size did go down... it was only from a 14 to a 13.... IMy BMI is in the middle of healthy but im still very fatty.... im not understanding if i lost 24 lbs!!!!! why i do not feel skinnier. Im 5'10... and now 167 lbs. i was 191 when i started. thats 12% lost!

Did this happen to anyone else? Or am i just genetically doomed LOL

Or is there something i dont know... maybe need muscle?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Exercise and muscle will definitely help tone your body and burn fat in the places you want it to burn. Still 24 pounds is something to be proud of, and I'm sure it shows more than you probably realize.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Have lost 51lbs and still don't see it.
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Did you do a lot of cardio and not very much strength training? I know when I lost weight before I was still pretty flabby because I just did all cardio and no strength training. I am making sure it is different this time around! But I think you look great!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    First, I've heard that you loose weight from the top down, so yeah, your face and chest would be first.

And, yes, you need muscle, or at least muscle tone... are you weight training?

You do look great and that is an accomplishment to be proud of!!
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think it has partially to do with the fact i had a c-section...may be a myth but i heard something about your muscles being severed during surgeryvand dont work properly so you may not beable to build fat burning muscle in your stomach.... i am very proud i lost sooo much... just wish i had my chest back and my butt gone muahahahahahaha :)
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 pounds so far. I don't feel much different. I see a difference in my chins, and all of my clothes are baggy, but I don't see a difference other wise. :(
    Hopefully the next 20 whatever will be more obvious.. for both of us :)
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    and no i only do cardio...im a woosy and probably should lift weights... my shoulders are really muscular from my 30lb son though LOL
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think we are similar. I started off at 190 now I'm down to 166. I know what you mean about the flabby, but just being able to have more room in my coat and to fit into size 30 jeans is totally worth it. We need to keep going. I figure 15 more lbs would be perfect for me. I want to still be curvy but much more toned. Our idea of sexy is totally attainable. Don't give up and MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE. I take my measurements once a month. Good luck!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    No i'm the same. I'm really discouraged. I feel that sometimes I looked more proportioned when I was heavier!!! It's very difficult and I'm told that I just need to tone up, build muscle and such... but I went down from a 14 to a 13 too and I'm so annoyed. I know I have a way to go but this first 21lbs was slow and hard. I really got very discouraged.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Or...you have body dysmorphic disorder...like people with anorexia can`t see that they`re super skinny...I can`t see any loss, but it`s there because my dress pants almost fell off yesterday lol. You see yourself every day, it`s hard to see any changes...
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    This SO happened to me too. I lost twenty-five pounds within two years but couldn't even tell at all. But sadly, I have gained twenty of those pounds back.
  • amysambora
    Options
    Chances are you have actually lost the 'weight' (and congrats for that, it's a huge effort!) but you may need to do some strength/toning exercises to change your shape. But you can do it - you lost the weight, you can tone up too!!! And like others have said, it is hard to notice the changes in yourself when you see yourself every day - try not to be so hard on yourself!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It took before and (during) after pics for me to REALLY see the difference that others saw.

YES you NEED muscle. 160lbs toned looks better than 150lbs flabby so toning up will make you SEE that difference. Even at my 40lbs loss I've done only some weight training (starting in Jan hard core!) Others see the difference and in my mind I GET that I've lost weight because it takes about 6 months for your mind to catch up on what you REALLY look like.

KEEP GOING! You're doing great.
  • nilisabel
    Options
    I totally get that, I feel fat sometimes and hesitate to get on the scale even when I've been good all week because I'm just SURE i didn't lose any weight, and then I hope on up there and find out I've lost a pound or whatever. hormones, baby!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!