Wed - either rest day or spin depending if ive made the other classes

Thurs - step and weights

Fri - Rest day

Sat - Rest day

Sunday - double step class and weights
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I take at least one rest day a week, although the day varies depending on what I have going on that week. I also try to vary the exercises I do, to make sure that my body doesn't get accustomed to any one routine. Here's what this week looked like

Friday -Krav Maga (Martial Arts) class.
    Saturday - Agility training and Abs
    Sunday- Off Day
    Monday- Weight lifting and Abs
    Tuesday- Agility Training and Abs
    Wednesday- Circuit training with weights
    Thursday- Agility and Abs (later tonight)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't plan rest days, but take them when I start to feel my body getting fatigued, usually about once every 1.5-2 weeks.

I run outside everyday unless weather prohibits, then it's the elliptical, which sometimes I add elliptical time in addition to a run, just to burn even more. I put the elliptical on about 40% resistance and on a 30% incline. It's the workout from hell, lol.

I "try" to strength train 3 days a week, usually Sunday, Tues, Thurs. I use the weight machines at my gym.

Every now and then I'll hit the pool for stretching and toning and to mix it up.

A while back I was really into pilates, which greatly increased my flexibility.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I walk every day with my dogs for at least an hour - its not the fastest walk in the world but it gets us all out.

Mon: Cardio 90 min & 30 min Strength

Tues: Cardio class 45 min & 45 min yoga

Wed: Cardio class 45 min & total body workout 45 min

Thurs: Cardio class 45 min & 45 min yoga/stretching/strength class

Friday: Cardio class 45 min & 60 min circuit training

Sat & Sun: Days of rest! (except for the mutts!)
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, I usually walk to work and back 5 times a week which is half an hour each way so I pretty much log that as my exercise. Then if I'm feeling up to it, I do some extra cardio/weights or swimming in the gym/pool downstairs (we have one in the complex) or do a fitness dvd. I'll usually do those about 2-3 times a week on top of my walks.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Friday's are my designated rest day.

Monday - 60min Group Power class, 45min Zumba class
    Tuesday - 60min Zumba class
    Wednesday - 30min Zumba class, 60min Group Power class, 45min Zumba class
    Thursday - 60min Zumba class
    Friday - Rest day

There might be some random treadmilling or ellipticalling, or the occasional jogged mile or two in there as well. It's one mile from my house to the gym so i try to run there and back when time and weather permits. Also my favorite post-gym activity is playing Dance Dance Revolution, so that burns a few extra calories.

The weekends are up in the air. I like to try and get to the gym one or both days, and now that I've been running and I'm training for a half marathon, I've been doing long runs on the weekend.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Monday- 60 min strength class + 30 min cardio.
    Tues- 60 min circuit training class + 30 min cardio
    Wed- 60 min zumba (am) + 30 min cardio, 60 min zumba (pm) + 30 min cardio
    Thurs- my rest day since I do twice the cardio on wed.
    Friday- 45 min aerobic class +30 min cardio
    Saturday- rest
    Sunday- 30-45 min cardio.

On the weekend, I usually do my zumba on wii, but didn't add it in my above numbers because I just do it whenever I feel like it and its not part of my set routine.
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    All fall long I biked, walked and did C25K, alternating 6-7 days a week what I did. Now that it's cold, I do 30 day shred 5-7 days a week with at least 5 of those days having between 30-45 mins of the elliptical machine added to that. It's totally working for now but I know that I'll probably have to switch that up come mid January. Interested in what others have to say about it though.

Good luck!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Rest day is usually Sunday.
    During the week I jog, do P90X and Insanity.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Monday - Recovery run, step class or x-train 30-45 mins and weight lifting for 35-45 mins
    Tuesday - Run 5mi
    Wednesday - X-train and weight lifting 35-45 mins
    Thursday - Speed intervals 3-5mi (running)
    Friday - 60+ mins walking or step class and weight lifting 35-45 mins
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Long run, 6-10mi

I usually end up running on Wed or Mon, but not both. Try to keep my running up to 4 days a week. Otherwise I just cross train or do weights when I can. I also do push-ups at home and ab work when I'm at the gym, but I tend not to count it. It's just a bonus! For rest days - I usually end up going out somewhere for a walk for an hour or two, but I never count it. Just love to get out and can't stand sitting around on my butt all day. Good luck finding out what works for you!

Meag
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    I do strength training (at home DVD, full body) 3 times a week : Monday, Wed, Friday.

For cardio, I do 30-45 min everyday (usually aerobic dancing), but I usually take 1 or 2 rest days (need time to go shopping! :laugh: ).
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 45 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes weight machines
    Monday- 60 minutes elliptical, ab work
    Tuesday - 30 minutes running, trainer session
    Wednesday - 60 minute boot camp, 60 minute yoga
    Thursday - 30 minutes running, trainer session
    Friday - sometimes I will go to the gym for hip hop class, but usually ends up a rest day
    Saturday - 45 minute Dance class

This is an ideal. there are some weeks where Monday and Friday are both off, but I try to make it only be Friday, or sometimes Sunday if I'm feeling worn out.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    My schedule sort of varies, but I try to do 5 days of cardio each week for 40-50 minutes, which varies from stationary biking to running, elliptical to swimming. I also do 20-30 minutes of weights/strength training/calisthenics 3-4x/week. There's gotta be a total rest day in there, too. That's usually the amount of time I have available at school to do anything, but since I'm training for 5Ks and 10Ks and a sprint triathlon, I'm going to have to up the amount of time I exercise, as well as the intensity.