help with dinner ideas'

Options
rogers8702
rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
hi, i need some help with easy healthy dinner idead the whole fam will love. i work until 5:30pm then a 1/2 hour drive home with a 5 yearold and a 2 year old waiting for dinner. i want to get it done quick so i can get in some exercise (because my lazy butt cant get up in the AM).

any suggestions????????

i was doing really well with the losing weight but i have slacked off for about six weeks and i want to get back on track again after being at the beach this weekend i need to lose that 20 some more pounds

Replies

• rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    hi, i need some help with easy healthy dinner idead the whole fam will love. i work until 5:30pm then a 1/2 hour drive home with a 5 yearold and a 2 year old waiting for dinner. i want to get it done quick so i can get in some exercise (because my lazy butt cant get up in the AM).

any suggestions????????

i was doing really well with the losing weight but i have slacked off for about six weeks and i want to get back on track again after being at the beach this weekend i need to lose that 20 some more pounds
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    You need to put some servants to work in your kitchen! JK! I use the crock pot on those days when I have NO time to fix supper. With children and hubby hungry when I walk in the door it is a blessing to smell dinner already done. I often do meat in the crock pot & have salad & vegies in the refrigerator ready to put out.

Some of our favorites

Turkey breast
    Swiss steak
    Chicken parmesan
    Soup-most any kind
    Chili
    Roast with vegies

Hope that gets you started! We also do freezer meals ahead of time--that helps too.

3382.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    A super quick one that I do is a whole wheat linguine with shrimp and tomatoes.

Cook linguine noodles according to package

saute shrimp in a pan until just cooked. I saute with garlic and a tiny bit of chopped onion too.

chop some tomatoes (I usually cut into bit size chunks) and finely chop some basil (you can omit the basil if you want) set the cook shrimp aside.

dump tomatoes and basil into the pan that you used to cook the shrimp. heat throughly.

add the cooked noodles and cooked shrimp to the tomato mixture and mix everything together

squeeze the juice of half a lemon over all of it before serving.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Made this last night for dinner or 2 adults and 2 children:

I Large can (48oz?) 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth (Swansons)
    Add 1/2 can of water
    1/2 bunch cilantro chopped fine
    1 Tablespoon onion flakes

Thow above into large pot and boil for 5 min.

In a seperate pot boil 1/2 pot water and add 1/3 bag of Ronzoni Harvest Egg Noodles.
    Cook until al dente.

Cut a pk of raw chicken breast into uniform strips (bite size) and line up on cutting board
    Sprinkle SEA salt over both sides of chicken and pepper only if you like. Add 1 tsp of olive oil to non-stick pan and saute tenders with cover on to keep moist. I did this in 2 batches.

Add 2 chopped scallions to soup liquid and add cooked chicken. ..shut off heat.

I peeled and sliced an avacado then I put 2 slices each into the two adult servings.
    Then I added a tiny wedge of lime into the adult bowls too.
    A sprinkle of finely shredded mexican cheese (pre-shredded from a bag)
    Next I added a tsp of reduced fat sour cream and 4 tortilla chips.

For the kids I added the noodles instead and left out the lime and sour cream.
    I melted the cheese over their chips instead of putting it in the soup.

For dessert we had fresh melon prepackaged to save time.
    I want to preplan and buy some tropical gelato next time for dessert.

I can tell you that everyone ate it and loved it. It was quick easy and healthy.
    You can always add the veggies your kids like maybe a sweet red pepper.
    I always had better luck serving the veggies raw on the side like pepper and carrot sticks.

I even have some left over for todays lunch...oh yeah I am going to put finely chopped fresh hot
    red pepper in mine when I reheat it. I can't wait...this was too easy, low cal, I'm satisfied/

Hope this helps.
  • janellybelly
    janellybelly Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey! I made this last night & everyone loved it!!! It took NO time at all and It's outta my Body for Life Cook book...very healthy!

Tuna Noodle Casserole

2 cans albaore tuna paked in water (16oz)
    1 can 98% fat fee cream of mushroom soup condensed
    1 cup frozen peas
    1/2 c skim milk
    4 portions rotini pasta (about 8oz uncooked)

Preheat oven @ 350. Prepair pasta & drain, lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Place cooked pasta in baking dish. Add Tuna, soup, skim milk, & peas...mix well. Bake uncovered for about 20 min. Or until bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes. Make 4 searvings. We added a little cheddar cheese (optional)...Enjoy!

**If you don't want to wait for it to cook in the oven you can add the frozen peas to the noodles a couple minutes before they are done. Then drain and add everything into a pot on the stove & bring to a boil. That may be a bit faster! =)
  • ceo_of_5
    ceo_of_5 Posts: 9
    Options
    I just made this same thing for dinner tonight!

Now, how do I add this to my food diary? :happy: