Berry Strata

DHalaby73
DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Here's another recipe from Giada De Laurentiis on Food Network..I redid some of the ingredients for lower versions but again I don't know what nutritional value is but it's lower then regular version..Enjoy

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons honey
4 large eggs
1/2 cup part skim milk ricotta
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup orange juice
4 slices of bread, torn into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained
Directions
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Turn off the heat, add the honey, and stir to combine.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the eggs, ricotta, and sugar. Using a fork, mix to combine and beat the eggs. Add the milk, orange juice, butter and honey mixture, and bread. Stir to combine. Gently fold in the berries.

Place the ingredients in a 10-inch round (2-quart) baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the strata until golden on top and baked through, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Spoon into dishes and serve.

Replies

• MyViolet
    MyViolet Posts: 73 Member
    Yummy! Thanks for posting.
  • Maybe an idea:

if you put the ingredients in the "my recepies" section of your own diary, the program simply calculates the nutritional facts. And you can save it for the next time you'll going to eat this, so you can simply add it to your diary from your own my recipes box.
  • DHalaby73
    ok thank you I didn't know that...
  • you're welcome :)

and you can even put your grandma's recipes on it, and it will be in the database very soon, so we can use it as well. But you should keep in mind that you cannot post this particular recipe in the general database, because you don;t have the copyright for it...

US and their regulations :D
  • DHalaby73
    Actually found one similar to mine with calorie count...I found Giada recipe in the food database but only has calorie count no other info...Hope this helps..

Makes 7 servings

good for dessert or breakfast 1 serving size is 6 ounces which is 3/4 cup

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons light butter
    3 tablespoons honey
    4 large eggs
    1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
    3 tablespoons sugar
    1 cup skim milk
    1/4 cup orange juice
    4 cups bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
    5 ounces blueberries
    5 ounces strawberries

Directions
    Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Turn off the heat, add the honey, and stir to combine.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the eggs, ricotta, and sugar. Using a fork, mix to combine and beat the eggs. Add the milk, orange juice, butter and honey mixture, and bread. Stir to combine. Gently fold in the berries.

Place the ingredients in a 10-inch round (2-quart) baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the strata until golden on top and baked through, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Spoon into dishes and serve.

Calories 231
    Calories from Fat 75 % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 8.3g 13%
    Saturated Fat 3.5g 17%
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 136mg 45%
    Sodium 238mg 10%
    Total Carbohydrates 31.2g 10%
    Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6%
    Sugars 19.4g
    Protein 8.7g
This discussion has been closed.