Any 200-250 pound runners out there?

emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I started running in June 2010 at 275 pounds... I have run several 5Ks and a 5 miler since then and my life is transformed.
I am healthier and fitter than I look, and people are often shocked when they hear about my races or what I ran last night.
But, when I go to races... I always look around for heavier runners like me... and they are just few and far between.

Any heavier runners wanna be my friend so we can support eachother through this weight loss (and running goals)

**ok in the interest of self disclosure I do use a walk/run program, but run most of it**

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    I just started running and am 203. I plan to do my first 5k in March and am hoping to run it all. :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    I started couch to 5k in the summer at 230ish and graduated, I've compled one 5k and I have another &an ith and my 3rd in Mar :) addicting :)
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    I'm 347 right now and just started short jogs during my walks. Hurt my foot a week ago walking not jogging. Didn't even jog once that day. Going to start getting back into walking then start into jogging again. Trying to get to the 250 range and get into running.:wink:
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Earlier this year, I started a walk/job program. I loved it! Then I started having trouble with my heel. Turns out I had a heel spur and a stress fracture in my heel. I had surgery in September, and I go back to the doctor on January 14th for my next checkup. I'm hoping he will release me to jog then! Then I hope to start the Couch 2 5K program. I am currently 258 pounds. I would love to be your friend and support you! Even if I'm not able to jog right now, I'm proud of you for doing it!! :-) You are an inspiration to me.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Hey! I'm thinking about starting to run again. I ran track in high school and at that time I was 205. Since then I've gained weight but I would like to start running again, but I'm too ashamed of all my jiggly bits! Its great to see that there are big runners out there! Keep up the good work.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Screw your jiggly bits... at least you are out there. I have never had one person made me feel bad... and I know my capris are quite tight... and my shirt shows that I have a small gut... but guess what ... I forget when I get into the run!! :)

Just do it!!
This discussion has been closed.