Divergent-Which Faction Would You Choose?

Options
Myhaloslipped
Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
So I am late to this party, but I just watched "Divergent" for the first time. For those of you who have seen the movie or read the books, which faction would you choose? What would be your reasons for this choice? I would definitely choose Dauntless. Candor would be a close second choice. I thought that someone would have already created a thread about this subject, but I searched and found nothing. Discuss.

Replies

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Z7BnwLg.gif

A Divergent Dauntless, what's not to like? tattoos, parkour, free physical training and hard bodies all around you. Divergent because I doubt I would ever fit into any one single category not unlike real life.
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Davy_RockHit214 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would be Abnegation. Seems fitting, I am a social worker. I liked the part in the movie where her brother was chiding her for not helping the woman with her suitcase. My mom used to brow beat me about things like that! Now service comes natural.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Candor.
    My coworkers like to say I have no tact. I value honesty anyway.

Or Erudite. I like learning.

Pretty sure I'd test Divergent lol

(I finished all four books in the last 8 days so its all fresh in my head lol)
  • ackman2002
    ackman2002 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Erudite. I sometimes tend to be a little evil too.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Candor.
    My coworkers like to say I have no tact. I value honesty anyway.

Or Erudite. I like learning.

Pretty sure I'd test Divergent lol

(I finished all four books in the last 8 days so its all fresh in my head lol)

I would definitely test Divergent but choose Dauntless. I cannot wait to read the books.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    The farmers all seemed pretty happy, and they were the only ones not involved in the conflict...I'd go with them
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    The farmers all seemed pretty happy, and they were the only ones not involved in the conflict...I'd go with them

I considered that, but I hate living out in the country. I would get bored quickly and want to be involved in the action.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i don't want to jump of a train every day to go to work, so the dauntless is out lol.

no way would i have jumped into what basically looked like a bottomless pit.

the rest of the factions i pretty much forget about because the movie was pretty boring IMO. the hunger games, which it seems like it begs to be compared to, was much better.

I guess the intectual group
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd be Divergent and would probably end up dead because I'd be too "Candor" to hide my secret.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    i don't want to jump of a train every day to go to work, so the dauntless is out lol.

no way would i have jumped into what basically looked like a bottomless pit.

the rest of the factions i pretty much forget about because the movie was pretty boring IMO. the hunger games, which it seems like it begs to be compared to, was much better.

I guess the intectual group

lol I would love to jump out of trains and freefall into pits (with a netting, of course). I am an adrenaline junkie.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Candor. I am usually honest. I prefer people to be honest with me too.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Erudite
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a math thing on fractions - never mind.

fraction-fundamentals-farm-animals-fractions.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Dauntless.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Candor fo sho. I couldn't survive dauntless but I could probably be convinced to to die trying if I got to be surrounded by men who looked like Four and Eric. :heart:

Or maybe Amity, because they probably smoke weed.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Dauntless as long as Four is there :wink: :
    reg_634.TheoJames.mh.031513.jpg

Otherwise I would probably be Divergent as I can see myself fitting into more than one catagory.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Divergent-

If I had to chose though I would say Amity
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Abnegation

If not Divergent - Then Abnegation with some Erudite.

I have not seen the movie yet, and got annoyed 1/3 of the way through the second book.

:moves quietly to corner:
  • youonlyloveonew
    youonlyloveonew Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well, we'd all test Divergent- because that's the whole point: that if you're NORMAL (normal feelings, normal reactions) you have all these traits (at least, at some level). In the book, the point was that everyone was ONE TRAIT (brave or kind or smart or selfless or honest), and that Tris and the other Divergents were what we would consider normal- with multiple diverse traits.

But if I had to pick one that would most suit me, I'd pick Erudite?

This is pretty cool: http://divergentthemovie.com/aptitudetest
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    probably erudite - but I would like to think dauntless