Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's 12/24 wk 52

Options
Happy Christmas Eve Day everyone! Our last and final week of 2010 begins! Well, I forgot to weigh in today....will weigh tomorrow.

Replies

• kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!! Wishing you a happy holiday! you're the best mfp friends ever!!

the scale was brutal...it read 200. WOW. I'm guessing that is up about 15 lbs from a year ago...and about 10 from last week. salt, sugar, and not enough water. need to find my way back....
  • kelly_a
    Options
    (late) evenin' team...

been on here for a couple of hours...trying to get motivated....5 days to go...and I'm not waitin' til 1/1/11.
    Goals for tomorrow
    * water ~ 64 oz.
    * eat clean
    * treadmill and/or stretch n tone
    * log here
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hope all is well with everyone:flowerforyou:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Dave still in a lot of pain. Getting socked w/ a lot of snow didnt help us much. I'm thankful my neighbor snow blowed the drive way & walks,

It's been a heck of a few days. Problems w/ ex. death of bunny on christmas day, the snow.... sigh....

It's tough for me. very tough...

B
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Barb....one day at a time sweetie....prayin' for ya. hang in there and take care. love ya
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Took Dave to ER yesterday. He fell in snow on Monday. Why outside is BEYOND my understanding.... anyway...
    He was still in pain due to car accident so the fall didn't help much.

He has a rib cartilage injury. Hiccups/belches/sneezes cause him extreme pain. On drive home from ER, he had hiccups lasting 20 minutes. Caused him such pain, he passes out while I'm DRIVING.

Needless to say, my calorie intake or exercising hasn't been high on my priority list.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Pepper's,
    Well eating over holiday did not go well but feel I am getting back into it. Have an unexpected new member to my family. Found a kitten 6-8 weeks old on my porch freezing on Christmas Eve. Yes you guessed it we are keeping it. I will put a picture of it. It was really strange, and mom dont really like cats but she said it was ment to be. Very cute.

Barb hope Dave gets better. we got hit with a lot of snow as well and snow blower died, our neighbor let us use his.

Kelly, I know how you feel all the junk I have been eating I am afraid to step on the scale. I will on Friday. This year is going to be a record breaker. I am getting fit if it kills me. I am done with feeling like this. I start the part time job soon too.

Well back to work will have friday off so that is good. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    afternoon pepper friends...

well, I dug out previous charts, info, food diaries lastnite...trying to light a fire under my @ss...and get my mind to *click* back to where I WANT it. As I look back to the Fall, it is obvious I lost motivation...no self esteem...not a care in the world for myself. Then I realized many of the times I have begun to work on eating better and trying to make exercise consistent. It was/ *IS* all because of my health. Why can't I keep *health* a priority? Keep it constant in my mind? Why can't I care about ME every day?? please, why? When I think of some of the issues I have dealt with in the past...heel pain, lower back pain, high blood pressure, feeling so full that I am miserable, no confidence/pride in myself...etc, I wonder.... WHY do I want to live that way? I realize that each day is a new day, and it is up to me to live a better life. I'm tired of being this size and I want to make changes. Effective and maintainable....life-ever-lasting, changes.

Cindy, I am glad you posted that 2011 is gonna be a record breaker. I too want it to be for me, and for all of us. I want us to all finally conquer our issues with weight. Love the kitty story...very cute too. And I agree, meant to be! Name?

Barb....oh Barb. Hon, I have been thinking of you, Dave & dd...hoping they heal soon, and peace and strength for you. :heart: Take it easy and keep us posted. ((hugs)) I want to go out and shovel some of our snow, but dh said I should not lift a shovel w/shoulder...ok, he's right. It is 30* ish and melting...dense fog coming thru Fri and rain, then the freeze is back.. all in time for NYEve. :drinker:

Today has been my best so far, in like the last month! Trying to keep busy...bathed the dogs/bedding. Will trim their nails soon, keep doing laundry...and the guys have lots of requests for meal ideas. :huh:

Have a good one ladies....take care!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Kelly right there with you. I am going to do this that is my New Year Goal. I cant keep doing this to myself it brings me way down and of course what do I do make it worse by eating and feeling down about it. No more sweets for me, none I cant handle them right now, Today I had oatmeal for breakfast, coffee, Lunch had chicken breast, celery, green peper, mini b l tomatoes(small tomatoes scooped out, mix was crushed beacon,onion,scallon and celery, mixed with mircle whip, then stuff mix in tomatoes) very yummy. my DH is playing in the kitchen. He makes the best stuff. :laugh:

Our new kitten's name is Momo, like the leamer on the last air bender. Sits on your shoulder. but she is really cute I forgot how much fun kittens can be.

Well the only way I can do this is to start caring and I am doing that from now on. I have been sick again and it is because I am not eating properly. My sugar is got to be bad right now. So cleaning the system no chocolate or sweets for a while I have to get it under control again.

Goals (starting now)
    drinking my water
    no sweets
    eat healthy foods
    walk on lunch
    stick to calories no going over

and that is just the start. New Year Pepper's Lets rock it. :drinker:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Cindy...I am soooo loving your energy! You raise me up pepper!!:bigsmile: I like A LOT that you said it will be your New Year ~~Goal~~! I forgot that I have to have my 6 mo lipids checked by 12.31.10. The results will be bad I am pretty sure. My cardiologist will be :noway: There have been many nites lately I am worried of having a HA, stroke b/c of my poor eating ( way too much fat ) and I have checked my B/P and it has been a little higher than normal. I gotta stop doing this to myself, my body...my life. My day continues to be good. The guys are having nachos supreme for supper, made with 93% lean beef, but I am concerned about the salt in the seasoning (pkg) need to find a recipe and make my own! :wink: I might have a large salad with EVOO and lots of veggies. yummo:tongue: I am at 8 glasses of water and it's goin on 5pm. Really want to get in 12. No exercise...hope to treadmill it after supper!

seein your kitty makes me want one even more. Our first pet, a cat, was with us 13 yrs....she died of bladder cancer. I really miss her...and even asked for one for xmas. I think they are one of the easiest pets to care for.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Hi ladies...
    Here's a update.
    Kitten is cute....

Dave went to his primary dr today. Due to the pain, he got a new med - morphine. OMG. Within 20 minutes of the dose, he's talking in french (I don't speak/understand french), doesn't recognize me, is seeing colors sparkle & rainbows.
    Then difficulty walking & urinating. I was soo thankful his primary called us regarding the ER visit tests. I explained how the med is affecting dave.
    Was told if doesn't "calm" down - go to ER and which hospitals to go to...(not the one we went to).
    Dave's quiet now.... states feeling little pain.... All I could think is not another ER visit,.

So having challenging days. Heck, a longer shower is a luxury these days!
    B
  • kelly_a
    Options
    :heart: :heart: Barb:heart::heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: thanks for the update. I hope things turn around for Dave soon. Can't imagine all the emotions you are going thru right now, courage and love vibes to you...heart:

ok, so I had to increase the wt on my HRM and my last exercise session was Dec 3...and before that it was Nov 18. WOW. Not at all what I wanted for myself in 2010. disappointment.:frown: I didn't even make 2 miles in 30 minutes. I am out of shape, just like that...and my clothes :ohwell: , can really tell with my jeans and some sweaters. ok, gonna try and work on it...one day at a time. today has been a huge improvement over the last month or so. try for a repeat tomorrow! nite all:yawn:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Barb hope things get better, that is really hard back and forth and Dave in lots of pain. Try to get a little me time even if it is the extra time in shower :flowerforyou: Hang in there.

Kelly we need to take in a count that we are over 40 (which makes it harder) and you said you got your monthly well thank got mine this morning :grumble: But get back to what I was saying. It is harder for us. You need to start looking ahead stop looking back you already know what we are doing wrong. Make a new goal for a fresh new year. I had four cats over the last 23 years with DH they died at age 23, 21,19 and 12. Miss them horribly. But the little one is like starting over.

Got to get back to work. Check back later.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    afternoon team...well, I was wrong about my blood work. found my lab order sheet and it says to have done around 1.26.11. so I guess I have some time to improve..we'll see. I'm hopeful. I wish I could just go off the dang stuff. maybe if I increase my fish oil and flax seed. hmm. I went to bed with a headache and woke with one. actually, I have had one pretty regular here lately. been checking my b/p and it has been 124-132 / 78-84. Not too bad. the muscle knot in my L shoulder has been pretty painful lately, almost worse than my R shoulder. anyway, that whole area is tense, and I feel it up into my neck, head. all related I am sure. I don't wanna complain, but my dh is getting tired of massaging it for me, thinks there is something else going on. My mom made the comment to me, " Kelly, you ARE getting older "...yup, like Cindy said. So, I need to make some real changes [back to the *clean* mode] and exercise again. more often. make a habit. God, why do I resist change? why can't I adapt? still searching. you ladies in your 20's, 30's...do it. lose it NOW.

anywho, got some groceries today. man, the fog is bad. and I just heard our fire dept / medical response fleet go out. dh is working a 12 hr shift. I am gonna bake a chicken and some mashed tators for supper.

yes, Cindy, you are right. I need to accept my age with pride! I know I can be better than I am, and it's up to me to see that it happens. and, agree, I shouldn't look back unless I wanna go there. no thanks! the goals really help too. I wanna rock 2011 with you!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Here's the 12.31.10 thread. hope you're all having a good evening. take care..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144702-smokin-hot-green-pepper-s-12-31