NSV - Bought clothes at Wal Mart!

Options
I don't know anyone else who would celebrate being able to buy clothes at wal-mart, but for the last 6-7 years I have been only able to buy clothes at 1 or 2 specific plus sized stores. I was too large to fit into the plus-size clothes at department stores, because they only go up to a certain size, while the plus specific stores go up higher sizes than that.

I just walked into wal mart, found a cute hoodie and it fit, and only $18 too. You would not believe how much more plus size clothes from the major plus-size chain stores cost. I understand it's more fabric, but that should not justify costing 2-3 times as much. I feel like it's part of the business model that they know certain people have no choice but to shop there so they can increase the cost up higher. It's not like we can walk around naked. I know it's my own fault, but still. At least now I'm reversing this and can shop at the more competitive stores.

Anyway... small victory, but I felt like crowing about it. It's a big deal to me. :)

Replies

• organizerBecky
    organizerBecky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's always so exciting to be able to fit into something that was way too tight or small before! Keep going! I admire your 72 lb loss. I'm aiming for 80-100 lbs (again).
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And I agree with you completely. I remember when I mostly shopped at Torrid and Lane Bryant. At least LB clothes are a little better made, but Torrid's are poorly made. 40 bucks for a simple cotton top, 60 for a cardigan that's going to fall apart in a couple months? It absolutely is a racket, because they know we can't find anything halfway cute that fits in most stores. Macys Woman is ok but it's rather mature and businessy.

Anyway, keep going :) I'm almost to goal and so glad I don't have to deal with all that anymore ;)
  • Aspiration_Jay
    Aspiration_Jay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I can't wait until I shed enough weight to be able to walk into any store and buy what i want, as of now there are only 1 or 2 colors offered in my size of t shirts that I can buy at wal-mart, everything else I have to purchase online :(
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful NSV.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    GOOOOO Girl!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It does feel great when you can buy clothes at a new store you previously didn't fit. KEEP IT UP! =)
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That must have felt absolutely amazing!! Congratulations!!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT! I really don't like being stuck to 1 or 2 stores. If you can't find it in those stores .. too bad, you don't get it. Good for you! I feel no difference in my clothes at this point .. keep hoping I will try something on at home and it won't fit anymore ..lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!