Bummed!!

Options
So I woke up this morning and my left knee is HUGE! I've had problems with this knee for some 12 years now. I dislocated my knee cap a hand full of times while playing soccer and basketball in high school. I had surgery on it before my senior year. They went in and cut the patellar tendon, repositioned the knee cap, and then put two, two inch screws in there. After my senior year they had to go back in and remove the screws b/c the bottom one had started backing out of the bone. It had backed a good 3/4 inch out. Since the dr hadn't wanted to do anything to my knee till after school was out I have a huge mound of scar tissue that had formed around the screw. I have always had a little problem with it aching and stuff but nothing significant. I have recently started running again and it bothered me some, but was usually just a little sore when I got finished but would go away by the next day. So I'm not sure what I've done to it now. It doesn' t hurt really, just swollen and really tight. My sister is a PA and works under an orthopedic surgeon so hopefully she can look at it this weekend. It just really bums me out right now b/c I'm probably going to quit running for a couple weeks and I was just really getting back into it!!

Replies

• ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    sorry to hear about your problem! i will keep my fingers crossed and pray that it is nothing serious!:flowerforyou:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thanks me too!!!