Blahhh Chicken! Help Please?

Options
124»

Replies

• mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that wraps it in foil and bakes it with the seasonings to keep it from drying out?

I have covered my baking dish with tinfoil never thought to cover the actual chicken with seasonings, I will try that for sure :)
  • mave34
    Options
    RANCH CHICKEN - ADD A PACKET OF HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH POWDER
    CHEESY SALSA CHICKEN - ADD SALSA & CHEESE
    TACO CHICKEN - ADD PACKET OF TACO SEASONING
    ONION CHICKEN - ADD PACKET OF ONION SOUP SEASONING & CRISPY ONIONS ON TOP IF YOU LIKE
    LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - ADD GARLIC, LEMON, OREGANO, AND OTHER SPICES TO YOUR LIKING

COME ON NOW...DID YOU REALLY NEED A POST FOR THAT? THERE ARE 1000'S OF IDEAS

I apologize for my lack of skills when it comes to certain foods, you didn't really need to take the time to write anything at all if you were annoyed by my question. Thanks for stopping by and adding your input it's only chicken...no need to be hostile :laugh:
  • alska
    alska Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can roast a whole chicken. its very very easy!!

Take a whole chicken n rinse it off inside n out. Pat the outside dry with a paper towel. Quart a lemon n stick it inside of the chicken ... Then as best as you can ... pull the skin up from the breast part n try not to tear it ... inside there between the skin n meat .. put sprigs of fresh rosemary n chopped garlic ... Then drizzle EVO oil on the outside n rub it all over it ... sprinkle with salt n pepper. You can make it into a whole meal by adding potatoes (yams are good with it too), carrots n onions or whatever you'd like with it ... or roast alone. Its up to you.

This is my favorite ... I could eat it daily lol

For how long to roast it for ... click here:
    http://www.ehow.com/info_8196468_cooking-times-per-pound-chicken.html
  • mave34
    Options

Take a whole chicken n rinse it off inside n out. Pat the outside dry with a paper towel. Quart a lemon n stick it inside of the chicken ... Then as best as you can ... pull the skin up from the breast part n try not to tear it ... inside there between the skin n meat .. put sprigs of fresh rosemary n chopped garlic ... Then drizzle EVO oil on the outside n rub it all over it ... sprinkle with salt n pepper. You can make it into a whole meal by adding potatoes (yams are good with it too), carrots n onions or whatever you'd like with it ... or roast alone. Its up to you.

I can roast a whole chicken and turns out nice, I guess I was thinking more about boneless skinless breast meat more so. However I noticed a lot of people use lemon and I never thought to stuff it with yams and carrots, usually just celery and onion. Thanks for the tips :) I do love a whole roasted chicken!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry I posted earlier and totally forgot this one....

One whole. Chicken, wash inside thoroughly, pat dry and put oil on liberally. I put a lemon sliced in the cavity or an orange depending on what I have... Sprinkle heavily with LAWRYS. SEASONED SALT . Put 3 balls of tinfoil on the bottom of your crockpot just so the chicken is not touching the bottom. Cook 5 hours on low . Check,yours might take more or less time.. Tastes just like rotisserie Chicken from your deli..great for sandwiches or whatever you like. Hope this helps..
  • alska
    alska Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can use just boneless skinless breasts n do the same thing. Instead of putting the rosemary n garlic under the skin ... chop the garlic n cut up the rosemary with kitchen sears ... then put into a small bowl sprinkle salt n ground (or cracked) pepper in the bowl as well ... then add maybe a 4th of a cup of EVO oil to the bowl, add a bit of zest from a lemon n a bit of the juice of a lemon too .. mix ... let that bowl sit for 15 mins ... then brush it on your chicken breasts ... n bake/roast them

Also I didn't mean to stuff the chicken with the potatoes n whatnot on my last post. I meant to lay those around the chicken in the pan. Only add the lemon to the inside.

I can roast a whole chicken and turns out nice, I guess I was thinking more about boneless skinless breast meat more so. However I noticed a lot of people use lemon and I never thought to stuff it with yams and carrots, usually just celery and onion. Thanks for the tips :) I do love a whole roasted chicken!
  • mjean1229
    mjean1229 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Boneless skinless chicken breast in the oven with olive oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning on it - 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. (cut the thickest one open, if it's pink put it back in the oven for a few more minutes. When it's done, put sliced avocado and monterey cheese on top, pop back in the oven for a few minutes and it's done! Delish!!!
  • mave34
    Options
    Thank you, sounds great!
  • mave34
    Options
    You can use just boneless skinless breasts n do the same thing. Instead of putting the rosemary n garlic under the skin ... chop the garlic n cut up the rosemary with kitchen sears ... then put into a small bowl sprinkle salt n ground (or cracked) pepper in the bowl as well ... then add maybe a 4th of a cup of EVO oil to the bowl, add a bit of zest from a lemon n a bit of the juice of a lemon too .. mix ... let that bowl sit for 15 mins ... then brush it on your chicken breasts ... n bake/roast them

Thank you, sounds great!