ED Recovery

Options
Hi there. I am recovery from an ED that I have had for 12+ years. I have been in treatment numerous times and gained weight to the point of restoration. Welll....I'm back below weight AGAIN. I need to gain about 8 lbs and am hoping to do it in the next 5-6 weeks. Any advice?? This is sooo tough for me!! But I have several motivating factors so im hoping that helps!! Thanks!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    est more food.

that's pretty much it.

and make sure you're seeing a doctor and a therapist.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories slowly, make sure you are comfortable, eating too much too quickly might send you back to restricting maybe eat some good fat avocados, nuts etc.

Keep in touch with your therapist
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.

Butter or margarine on veggies.

Gravy on meat.

Cream sauce instead of red on pasta.

Whatever it is, add cheese.

Any restaurant food will add calories you wouldn't at home.

Cold cereal adds tons of calories without making you feel full. If you hate milk, mix it with water. More just pop Fruit Loops plain, like a snack.

Even small bites of high calorie foods. One spoon of ice cream. One bite of a brownie.

Cheesecake.

Fried chips. Dry roasted peanuts. All the snack foods.

Full calorie salad dressing.

Good for you, taking charge and making yourself well.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you are working to regain the weight that you need. One thing that might help is eating higher calorie foods, so you can get the calories without necessarily having to eat a LOT (if the volume is upsetting). Things like peanut butter, nuts, avocado, etc. are great, healthy ways to add calories to your daily diet. Peanut butter is the best!!!