Quick & Easy Fruit Phyllo Packets

Options
meagalayne
meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
These are great to whip up and throw in the oven while you're eating dinner. Supremely easy, flexible (use what you have) and the phyllo pastry goes a long way. Most packages come with 20 sheets or so, so if you use frozen fruit these desserts are also pretty inexpensive! Also, totally yummy.

Serves 4

4 sheets phyllo pastry
3-4 cups of frozen or fresh fruit (frozen is easier but use what you have, and as much as you like)
1 package fat-free/sugar-free vanilla pudding mix (could use chocolate, I'm sure)
Pam

Preheat oven to 350F. Combine fruit and pudding mix in a bowl and set aside. Thaw phyllo pastry ahead of time in the fridge and separate sheets (re-freeze the rest for later, up to 3 months). Spray each sheet lightly with Pam and fold in half. Arrange 1/4 of the fruit mixture on each sheet and fold into packets, so that each side has roughly the same number of phyllo layers. Place seem side down on a cookie sheet (spray with Pam, as well, to avoid sticking) and spray tops lightly with Pam to help them brown in the oven. Bake for 15 mins or longer, until phyllo is golden brown and fruit is warmed through.

Per serving:
Calories 173
Carbs 38
Fat 1
Protein 4
Fiber 5
Sodium 442
(this is using 1 cup frozen blueberries, 2 cups frozen strawberries and 2 kiwi fruit for 4 servings)

Enjoy and happy holidays!
Meag :heart:

Replies

• doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    oooh i'm doing a savory one of these with spinach and feta cheese for a party i'm going to at one point, i didn't even think of substituting the butter with Pam! fantastic!!
  • amyangel777
    Options
    yum!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    oooh i'm doing a savory one of these with spinach and feta cheese for a party i'm going to at one point, i didn't even think of substituting the butter with Pam! fantastic!!
    Mmm... Love spanikopita! We make that for parties and guests sometimes, as well. So good, and freezes wonderfully too! Little triangular packets of awesome. Pam works just as well as butter - but might not be QUITE as tasty!
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Those sound so yummy. I'll have to try them sometime.
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe