Changed weekly goal, calories stay the same?

Options
Hi everyone!

For awhile I had my weekly goal set to lose 1lb a week and I was given a daily calorie allowance of 1510. I lost 10lbs and updated my weekly goal to lose 1.5lbs, and was given daily calorie allowance of 1200. Then today I decided to change my goal again and lowered my weekly goal to 1lb a week, but MFP is still only giving me 1200 cals. I also tried changing my activity levels around to see if it would change my calorie allowance, but it doesn't. Did MFP give me fewer calories because I have surpassed 10lbs of weight loss? I am exercising most days and eating back those calories, but on the days that I'm not able to do extra exercise I am finding it tough to keep at 1200.

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    MFP will never give you a daily calorie goal of less than 1200cal. I think what happened to you is that to get to a loss of 1.5lb per week it probably worked out less than 1200 but MFP set it at 1200. Now you have changed to 1lb per week the goal is probably less than or around 1200cal so it is still reporting that. The same happened to me as I was close to goal. It's hard to eat only 1200cal- I usually do at least 300cal of exercise to bring my food up to 1500cal.
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ah, okay - that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!