Tell us crazy diets that you or someone you know fell for

Options
12346»

Replies

• CLM1227
    CLM1227 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I forgot about another one I did... kind of along the lines of the bulletproof + intermittent fasting. High fat + 12 hour fasts. Learned a lot about different oils and that you shouldn't heat good olive oil, but my period stopped and I felt weird.

I also did Medifast. I lost 15 lbs in the first month... but then I got pregnant with #2 and I couldn't stay on the Breastfeeding mother plan.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The stupidest thing I ever did was try diet pills when I was in college. Two weeks of that and my heart was racing all the time.

My bro-in-law did Atkins for over a year, but was a big ***** the entire time. Lost over 100lbs, but put that back on, plus more when he quit.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who did the HCG thing. I can't take anything he says in regards to diet and exercise seriously now.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school my manager at burger king was doing a cranberry diet. She could drink as much cranberry juice or eat as much cranberry sauce or cranberries as she wanted. Obviously not a good diet and it didn't work for her. But I'm sure eating jellied cranberry sauce & drinking cranberry cocktail juice not actual 100% cranberry juice and taking bags of BK food home with her everyday, and not a bit of exercise in her vocabulary didn't help things either!
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I was growing up (like early-mid teens, I'm only 19 now so in retrospect not that long ago), my mom and I tried a bunch of them. The ones I really remember were Special K Diet, Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, and some weird Yoplait diet. I think it was along the lines of the Special K and Slim Fast diets, where you ate yogurt twice a day and then a "sensible" dinner? I blocked it out I think. lol

Interestingly enough, my mom introduced me to MFP. So I guess we've both learned.