weight gain :)

Options
I'm looking to gain weight maybe 1st.
always had trouble with gaining weight, under the dietitian at the GP Surgery. She advised me to have 3 main meals and then snacks between each meal & hot milky drink before bed, i have been trying my best with this but it's been difficult. It's hard enough getting 3 meals a day when you work. But i've been trying and not had much luck. I have also previously tried Nurishment Shakes, the ones you buy in the shops (high calorie tinned milkshakes), ive also tried whey protein smoothies, so full fat yoghurt, milk, and fruits.

I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle. I don't have the budget for gym, neither do i for weights, my budget stretches to food only. I don't want to have muscle i just want to weigh more, :)
Just want to know if theres anything else i can do?

Replies

• liliro34
    liliro34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please tell me more about your surgery first. Can you give me access to your food diary so I can see your intake and I will need to know your height, current weight, wrist size
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well, it is going to take a bit of planning. Sit down and plan out your meals for the week. You can pre-log it into MFP to see where you stand calorie-wise. Now up the measurements on the most calorie-dense foods. So, if you logged 50g of cheese, now make it 100g, and so on, until you reach your calorie goal. When you get home in the evening (or when you get up, depends when you have more time) put everything for that day into tupperware containers and carry it to work with you. Then it's just a matter of finding 10, 15, 20 minutes to eat it.
    If you make your food calorie-denser you can eat more of it. Think cheese, meat, nuts, nut butters, carbs of all sorts (pasta, rice, potatoes). Add butter to everything, it makes it taste better :-)