Having trouble. Any suggestions?

Options
Hi members. I have been at this on and off for awhile now and I just cant seem to get it right. A lot of times I tend to forget to weigh and measure my foods so I don't even track for that day. Can you help me figure out an easier way to do this? I have noticed so many people losing weight with this site and I really want to start losing as well but I just cant seem to get it right.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    The only thing easier than a webiste that lets you scan barcodes in to log your food is lipo.
  • covens04
    covens04 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    One of the best ways I find is to sit down and plan out meals for the rest of the week. Even if you don't log them at that time, at least you are thinking ahead. The other thing that people do is to set aside one day and do a bunch of cooking for the week. The more things you log, the more you will get the hang of it.

To be successful, you also need to define your goals. Lose weight, maintain, bulk up, etc. Write down your goals and go from here. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have more questions or submit a friend request.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Try to plan and make ahead meals. Weigh ahead put them in labeled bags containers etc.
  • stevenlcopeland
    stevenlcopeland Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    An easy way to not worry about all the measuring and weighing is eat high protein low carbs and workout each and everyday. Been doing just that for 7 years and it is easy and it works.
  • AuroraD82
    AuroraD82 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I fill up on a glass of water every time I want a snack and I measure with my hands - one handful is roughly half a cup. check what your handful is. Its tough if you don't have a good eye for estimating the food. I have entered my food in the notes on my cell, or a piece of paper until I get home.
    The only things I eat with out truly knowing the calories are the veggies, but I do still measure them. If you are eating in a restaurant, just go with the healthiest thing you can think of that they have... there are so many hidden calories in everything from salad dressing, to sauces.
    Stick with it, and if you miss a day of logging the food, go back and enter in as much as you can remember. Try to be accurate. It really is a change in lifestyle for me.