introducing myself

Options
I'm signing in here with the hopes that a community (however anonomyous) will help keep me on track. Unfortunately I'm currently at the heaviest I've ever been and have been increasingly aware and self conscious about it. Fortunately (and unfortunately) I work for a well known fitness company and have become almost embarassed to show myself at work because everyone around me is so fit and muscular. I've been trying to use a calorie counter but without anyone to hold me accountable or anyone to talk to (I don't feel comfortable talking about it at work because too many people declare that it's easy to get fit and they can 'fix' it) I have failed repeatedly and continue to gain. It doesn't matter if anyone responds to me today, just having a place to write it all down and express is enough right now. :wink:

Replies

• Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You just made a big step and everyone here is very supportive and encouraging.

I understand the embarrassment even though I don't work in a fitness company. I work in a physicians office but I still feel bad about my weight as everyone there is fit. However I do talk about it because that is what helps me keep going. I'm excited about the changes I'm making and I need to talk about it.

You are right about a place to write it down, whether it be here or just a paper journal. Either way, putting it in writing/typing helps you to deal with the issues. Journaling has been a great help to me. I see trends and problems and then think of ways to fix or overcome them.

Good luck to you and feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • shullrd
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I joined here to get support on my weight loss journey as well. So far, I've found everyone to be supportive and helpful, hopefully you'll discover the same thing. It is frustrating or me when people say that it is easy to be fit. For me, it isn't that easy. My family has a history of obesity, some of it genetic and some of it behavioral. Starting this journey has meant re-thinking a lot o things and there are lots of temptations for me to fall off. I just take it one day at a time. Good luck on your journey!
  • KittMahan
    Options
    This is a great site, if you want to succeed this group will help you... Welcome!
  • fitness63
    fitness63 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just joined too. I think this is a great start for the both of us!
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    welcome. you have made a great decision.
  • Samantha0905
    Options
    Welcome! This site is soo supportive and encouraging. I just joined a few days ago and was very impressed!
  • murphysacres
    Options
    Welcome, I watched a friend of mine comment on her Facebook page about her weight loss from using this program, so I decided to give it a try. One of the best choices I have made about weight loss. The MFP family is always here for you:)