5k in one month

espehoecity
espehoecity Posts: 22
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
hey, I was wondering if you guys had any tips or any sort of help. I have a 5K race in exactly 36 days. The last time I ran 3 miles was about a month and a half ago. I am willing to train very hard this next month in order to be able to ru the whole 5K. Do you guys have any suggestions ? I ran today and ran a little over a mile.

Help!

Replies

• Get back into it at a reasonable pace. Try a tempo run, (run-walk-run) every other day. On the other days, run the full three.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    If you have a smart phone, most have an app for a free Couch 2 5K. It helps you build up from walking for three minutes, jogging for one until you are jogging for the entire 5K.

I have a fitness course I have to get through in April so I have a little more time.

Good luck to you!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    I'm planning to do C25K this coming month through March, when I hope to do my first ever 5k. I'd love to run the hole time. I've never ran anymore than a minute without stopping, so I'm striving high. I'm confident that with your dedication and training, you'll run the whole 5k. I'm rooting for you!! Try the C25k podcasts that are available on the net. Maybe it'll help propel you into the intensity that you need.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Try the training programs on the nike+ website. They have an assortment from couch to 5k, improving 5k times, marathons, etc... good luck!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I would recommend going out and seeing what you can comfortably run. Then go online and find a program that fits with you and your style. Runner's World has a bunch of programs and I like Hal Higgens programs.

Good Luck.
  • There are a lot of training programs for the 5K run, including the C25K; and when you're ready to run the 5K, I hope that you complete the entire race. You can run 2 miles on Monday, 3 on Wednesday, and 2 on Friday. That's a total of 7 miles a week. Your total amount of miles should be twice that of the race for the week. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, you should participate in a Spin class or ride one of the stationary bikes. Since you're trying to return to running or for people that have never run, it's important to take it slow and easy because injuries can cut your running short or put you on the sidelines for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.