Officially Starting!

Options
Hi! I have been tracking my calories per day for about a month, but really closely monitoring for a week. I am trying to lose 15 lbs. I had a small deficit for this week, like negative 500 calories or so, I ended up eating it all back tonight and I am ready to jump on the band-wagon tomorrow!! :)
What are some ways that you stay motivated... what are your motivations?
Also, how do you ward off hunger?
Lastly, when do you workout?

Replies

• sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sounds like you know what you want out of this.

I workout in the morning or evening, depends on my day. I try to go on walks with my husband and kid to get them out and about, too.

As for staying motivated... I just make tracking a habit, even if I eat poorly. I have to stay accountable.

I ward off hunger by... Eating! No, seriously, with 15 to lose, you shouldn't be trying to have too big of a deficit... Only a half pound to a pound per week. That means higher calories. I eat back my exercise cals. I make a lot of salads and I snack on fruit. I try not to drink calories. A couple of nuts and half an apple can really destroy mid afternoon hunger.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The fat keeps me motivated.

I eat to get rid of hunger and do my working out when I get up. Sometimes again, later, but always when I awake.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Thank you both for the responses. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is knowing that someday I'm going to wake up and see the person I've been busting *kitten* to find!
  • emmsw42
    emmsw42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try to work out 4 days during M-F and then 1 if not 2 weekend days. I always find it hard to work on Friday nights and Saturdays for some reason. I usually go for jogs, but sometimes I'll do a 10min jump rope workout followed by a zumba video, although I hate working out inside.

What keeps me motivated..hmmm..looking good in jeans. I hate when I put on my jeans and I feel self conscious! I want lump/bump free belly so I can wear a tighter top and not be constantly tugging on it. I also try to think of reasons I should keep working out. Right now it's friends coming to visit in a month. I'd like to look good! Then it will be Christmas because that's when I'll see family that I only see that time of year. Nothing better than someone telling you you look great, right?!

Sounds like you've got a good plan going. I'm trying to lose the weight I gained this summer (who gains weight in the summer?! Too many cookouts and beers) and then some.. so really 15lbs is where I am at too.

How to ward off hunger...I try and drink tons of water during my work days. I sit at a desk all day so I try and drink water instead of snacking. I do bring snacks like carrots, apples, etc. and in between those I drink h2o. Also, if I'm really hungry and dinner is like an hour away I'll have a couple olives from the fridge or maybe a mini babybell cheese to keep my satisfied.

Wishing you all the success with your weight loss. I'm looking for a few new friends for extra motivation!