Did you log your food today? 12/25/10

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah I logged it all in! and when I realized I only had 11 cals left for the day- I decided to do a work out.

For me, it seems like NOT logging in on BAD days is turning a blind eye to the problem...like it's not good so I'll just ignore it. Im just not that kind of a person- I want to fix this issue and I try to learn from it so I won't make the same mistakes AGAIN.

But whatever works for you.
    I log EVEN IF I ATE A LOT. Why would you STOP logging? I don't get it.

Anyway - yesterday (Christmas Eve) was my cheat day, and today I ate really healthy and stayed under my calories! I feel good about myself :)
    My thinking is along the same lines, I'm not sure I understand the 'not logging in' theory myself. Because isn't this why we're all here to learn how to deal with various days we might eat different types of foods than a typical day and how to handle those days? I find if I'm aware of what I'm putting in my mouth and log it it accordingly it can greatly effect the next special Holiday, Bday etc.. But for me to blindly eat less healthy food and not focus on a plan for the day or several days in a row as some have shared well I think that'd make me a bit nervous if I didn't hold myself accountable. Nothing wrong if I eat treats on occasion I just prefer to eat them consciencely and be aware of my choices. Seems to work better for me that way so it doesn't turn out to be a free for all.

Some can handle it and some can't and I think those that can't find out only after the fact:noway:

But as one of the quoted posters above shared.. "whatever works for you":flowerforyou: Also by her logging it in she realized she had 11 cals left and could get a workout in and knew how much she'd need to burn to continue eating!:wink::laugh: :drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I logged everything the best I could. I had about 700 calories for Christmas dinner. What really got me today was brownies. I only had about 200 calories left after lunch so I cleaned for an hour and a half to earn some more. I'm very proud of myself.
    I'm really proud of you too Hon! I'm proud of all of you that treated this like a normal food day as in a day you logged but enjoyed a variety of foods that you might not have everyday. In the past, I hear ya I too would rather not remember what all I had eaten during a binge, Holiday, etc.:blushing:

But it's so very different for me now, I want to be aware of my choices and so I most definitely want to log them so I can see how much I've eaten or preferably calculate them before hand so I don't have to stop eating at Breakfast:blushing: :laugh:

It's interesting how everyone has a different mind set on this isn't it?:flowerforyou: But as long as we each find a healthy way to get back on track with our goals that's what matters most!:wink::drinker:
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love how everyones opinion is different on logging. Thats what makes this community so awesome. I considered today my free day thats why i'm not beating myself up over the cheesecake! It was worth every bite!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yes I did....
    it totalled about1600 calories which is way over my 1200 limit but I still think I did pretty good....its still less than what my body needs daily so thats a plus....

I decided to log in so i can actually see the numbers....because today was lunch at home and tomorrow is the big family luncheon which will have more tempting goodies....and I think I handled today pretty well so hopefully I can do better tomorrow

If only I could get in the mood to do a workout tonight I would feel soooo much better :blushing:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I did I knew that if i skipped one day I would screw up on others I'm only a little over 1000 calories over lol! 2 pieces of cheesecake threw me over the top! what did you eat that made you not wanna log today?

Yes, I did and I was under just because I only had two meals (breakfast- not too bad-, and Chrismas lunch/dinner). Everything was home made so I either entered the ingredients or I over estimated the amounts. I ate small portions, although I would have gone for seconds.

I had a light workout, but my stomach does not feel happy with the extra food. Only one home made cookie as a treat. I need to drink lots of water.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Yep, I closed, it but I shouldn't have. I'm sure I will have a few goodies later tonight still. However, right now I am under. However, it was the bacon that did me in! No wonder I only buy turkey bacon usually, and even then it's not often. However, I had a coupon for free bacon so we had it for breakfast. That stuff is full of fat and calories! wow!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I didn't log today, though based on my evening weight (yes, I weigh twice a day) I did end up losing today, because I've only gained 1.5lbs over this morning's weight and I usually lose 2-3lbs overnight. So I'm pleased.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I went over by 800, my sodium, I love ham, killed me.....I almost didn't log b/c of the sodium and well the chocolate chip pie. But Im' committed and heck it is only one day so it won't kill me and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be when I started logging it all in.
  • ImmortalWings17
    ImmortalWings17 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes I did:)
  • ctariq
    Options
    Yes I did. I didn't do too bad. Stayed away from breads, but it was the pigs in a blanket and chessy potato casserole that put me over. Tomorrow is another day.
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Being a shiftworker xmas day isn't really xmas day - but I logged all of my equivalent (the works xmas party last saturday) and its given me a goal over the last week to increase my exercise a bit each day last week to accommodate the one day blow out.

Having planned to be bad last weekend its been recorded and compensated for - so one week on no damage done.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I didn't really plan to log today because it would be crazy busy with Christmas on top of being away from home (which usually makes it harder to log). I ended up doing a quick plan yesterday and being able to mostly stick with it. I estimated portions for Christmas lunch but besides that was able to log accurately. :) One more day of Christmas food here to go (and hoping to get rid of more of the cookies I baked to share so I don't have them sitting back at home to tempt me!)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I logged as close as I could get since the only thing I measured/weighed out was my wine (I had like 6 glasses :tongue: :drinker: ). I usually weigh out EVERYTHING I put in my mouth, but with all the running back & forth, I didn't really weigh & therefore my log may not be accurate but I logged & if I was really less than what I thought, then that's a bonus. I also made sure EVERYTHING was gluten free since family from both sides was coming to our house & I have Celiac's (gluten allergy); so there was good, healthy foods - lots of fresh veggies, chicken bites to snack on & a good healthy dinner: the worst things we had was some cheese & my Mummy's homemade chocolate cake (which is made with less than 1/4 of the sugar the recipe calls for :happy: so is REALLY good :love: )

Either way, I started my day at 0700 by doing a good 60+ min workout to get started, which made me feel good. My jeans are still loose, my tight white top still looks good, my stomach is not bloated to hell & I'm actually getting a little hungry (as it's been 3 hours since I ate :laugh: ). Just because it was a Holiday is no reason to totally slack, at the same time, I still celebrated & had a good time & our bodies need that reminder that they still have to "work" and this doesn't come easy. In the end, it looks like I was around 800-1000 over on calories, almost 100 over on protein & well over on fiber: everything else was still in the green :smile:

I'll still workout tomorrow & have already planned a killer 60min ab routine along with at least 15-20 mins of a cardio workout to really get my metabolism moving :happy: And if my fiance works out with me, it will be even better :tongue:
    Hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Holiday with family & friends & wishing you ALL a VERY Happy & Safe New Years :flowerforyou:
  • Mark1968
    Options
    I wasnt going to log today until I read this thread so I did... I knew it was bad but I had no idea it was this bad. I ate two days worth of calories today. It is better to be honest with my self and know the truth than to be in denial. I cooked and hosted lunch dinner for 30 friends and family. It was a great Christmas and tomorrow is a new day. I plan to drink lots of water, eat right and run 5k.
  • MayaPapaya64
    Options
    Yes and thank god I went on a 7 mile run!

Days like today are hard to log, though, because there is SO much grazing. Plus I sort of attacked pie...
  • LowCarbAmanda
    Options
    I logged, and made sure I stayed under - only by 6 calories, though! LOL! I'm doing low carb, and I was a teeny bit over my usual, but still at an ok amount. My gift to me was not cheating, but I get why people do. Whatever works!