Picky vegetable eater…need advice.

Options
Hi,

I don’t care for a lot of vegetables. Only really like lettuce, carrots, celery, mushrooms, zucchini, corn.
Don’t’ like the taste of tomatoes, broccoli, radishes, etc…
Not sure how to do the Biggest Loser plan of 4,3,2,1 when I need 4 servings of fruits & vegetables each day…

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks!

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Squash! Winter squash, if prepared accordingly, tastes a lot like sweet potatoes, and tends to have amazing nutritional stats. It's high in fiber, low-cal, and loaded with all sorts of goodies your body will enjoy.

Here's a thread to get you started http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/142225-cooking-challenge-winter-squash?page=1#posts-1954760, but seriously - pick up a buttercup squash, cut that bad boy open, throw it in your oven for 45 mins and enjoy! Supremely easy and even the pickiest eater will love it :happy:

Also, try tossing some spinach into a protein shake. 1-2 cups of spinach will turn your shake green but you won't even taste it! Handy trick for getting in that extra iron :drinker:

Good luck!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Expand your horizons! Each week buy a new veggie to try. Try eating it raw, if applicable. Have fun surfing for recipes that sound delicious and get gourmet with them. :flowerforyou:
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    I eat one apple, one orange, and some other type of fruit daily. Most days of the week I eat some type of stir fry with a ton of veggies. Since I've always eaten like this, it's kind of hard to tell other people how to like the natural things. All I can say is eat an orange every day for lunch, and you'll eventually start craving it. Eat an apple every day for breakfast, and it'll eventually become a part of your diet. I usually buy a couple of melons, cut them up, and throw them into a huge bowl with a lid. I'll then eat a small bowl of melons in the morning. In the summertime, I buy one huge watermelon every week, cut it up, and put it into a huge bowl. I eat a bowl of watermelon every night for the entire summer. I grew up with a pretty decent diet, and I don't do well on fried food.
  • SoftballCoach99s
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips. I will try them soon and give you some feedback.

Thanks again!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    I love stuffed zucchini!!!!
  • Benjr755
    Options
    WAtch Andrew Zimmern on travel channal ,, if he can eat anything you can to