gross question

Options
Hi guys, I hope you all are having a wonderful christmas.
I have a gross question to ask. Dod you get sick from eating all the junks during the holidays? I mean this usually happens to me. I been eating so healthy for over 3 months but the time I pig out and eat all the junk I get sick. Is like my body doesn't no how to handle the junk food abuse anymore and automatically want to flush it out of my system, basically like food poison. Some time it can get gassy to the point that you start burping but is not just like a normal burp, the burp smell like a gas. I know is not food poison cuz its not the first time I experience something like this. I experienced during thanksgiving and long before when I was losing weight 3 years ago. Normally everytimes there its a holiday and I consume unhealthy food high in sugar, fat , salt, etc.

Do you experienced something like this?

Sorry for the gross post but I couldn't find any other way of expressing this in a more clean manner. Hopefully I didn't ruined your appetite.

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yes....feeling like that right now!!
  • LanakilaGirl
    LanakilaGirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I feel the same way. It's not a bad thing to feel like this after eating a ton of junk food. Your body is not supposed to be ok with shoving refined, processed sugar and junk into it. You should be proud of yourself for eating well enough and getting your body to the point where all the junk now makes you sick. That's a big step in this process.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. Its help knowing that I'm not the only one experience this reaction.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Yep. Me too.
    I totally know when I ate for crap cuz it goes right through me if you know what I mean! It doesn't have to be too much, just crap food.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of quitting soda and I went 3 and a half days without and within that small amount of time my body reacted. I had one for christmas dinner and I instantly bloated. I could tell that I had bloated because of the soda and it sucked so im trying to cut way back even tho my husbands mom got me a 24 pack lol so ya i will not be throwing them out i will rather use them as a way to have fewer and fewer and when they are gone then they are gone. : )
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been in the bathroom all night and am so sick to my stomach...Maybe feeling like this is good though b/c it will make me think twice about over indulging like I did today
  • wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    Oh yes... Man I felt like you-know-what yesterday after eating my grandmother's delicious comfort food! It wasn't heartburn, or gas or anything specific like that, I just felt "blegh." :sick: Grits and sausage and broccoli casserole and sugar cookies just don't make for a happy digestive track after being healthy for so long! And yes, my body did try to get rid of it in a hurry! :laugh:
  • Tuplatano
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedbacks.
    If anyone else is experiencing these symptoms please note that you are not alone.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i really wish i got sick, maybe i wouldn't eat so many chocs! :(
  • homepage007
    homepage007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When you say your burps really smell bad, the doctor told me that is your gall bladder. Basically it is not able to keep up with the needed bile to process the food you've eaten. He also said it can be life threatening- now that's an incentive to eat right. Good Luck :)
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Oh yea. I feel really blah and bloated. I can't wait to drive back home to feel good again.
  • Tuplatano
    Options
    When you say your burps really smell bad, the doctor told me that is your gall bladder. Basically it is not able to keep up with the needed bile to process the food you've eaten. He also said it can be life threatening- now that's an incentive to eat right. Good Luck :)

Hi. When your doct goor said life threatening does he mean that it's life threatening if I keep eating bad food? Or maybe that i should go and get my bladder check immediately?
  • homepage007
    homepage007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The doctor said that when you could smell the strong odor, at that time it was life threatening. Basically he said the gall bladder was not working properly and if it could be checked during the episode it would likely result in a hospitalization and/or treatment. I told the Dr. this has happened several times in my life (ask my husband- he want's to disown me when this happens) and the doctor said it is likely causing scarring in my gall bladder with each episode. Anyways, I'm 49 and I've had these throughout my life when I've eaten too much pork or garlic.