3 day hangover

Options
HELP no amount of water is doing the trick!

Would like to hear everyones hang over cures!

Replies

• SabrinaM85
    Options
    Not drinking has worked for me. 100% effective!

When I was drinking.... ginger ale or sprite. Toast or saltines. And Advil never hurt.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Alkaseltzers work very well for me, but they do have a ton of sodium in them.
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    Hydralite is the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When i go on a bender no amount of water fixes the ewwwwinesss I experience lol. Hydralite give you all the electolytes that you need and so much more.

Good Luck lol
  • MayaPapaya64
    Options
    Powerade Zero is the most amazing remedy, or Gatorade G2. Lots of it. Also advil. That should take care of any headache.

Usually I get a really upset stomach if I drink. There isn't much I've found to cure that besides some protein and carbs...I've tried tums before. Being on a steady course of Prilosec might work. Or Pepto Bismol maybe?

Coffee and exercise (a light 20 minute jog or yoga) also help sometimes. Oh, and plenty of sleep. Often I find hangovers are just b/c I am tired from being out late and/or the ****ty non-REM sleep you get when you've had a couple glasses of wine :-).

Next time you drink, try to take at least 2 glasses water before you go to bed.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Stop the intake of all alcoholic beverages. With every drink, wine or beer, liver cells die then are replaced with fat. Alcoholics usually develop a huge, very fatty liver and end up dying by bleeding to death both internally and externally. Most drinkers are just social drinkers but what is curious is: why do they "need" to destroy their bodies with the DRUG. Yes, alcohol IS a drug. Additionally, the alcohol destroys brain cells. Habitual drinkers and alcoholics often end up with severe organic brain syndrome (similar to the debilitating Alzheimer's disease). In years past, it was often referred to as senile dementia.
  • cddavis04
    Options
    Your electrolytes are probably out of balance. I would say go to the dollar store and get a propel or do half gatorade half water.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Stop the intake of all alcoholic beverages. With every drink, wine or beer, liver cells die then are replaced with fat. Alcoholics usually develop a huge, very fatty liver and end up dying by bleeding to death both internally and externally. Most drinkers are just social drinkers but what is curious is: why do they "need" to destroy their bodies with the DRUG. Yes, alcohol IS a drug. Additionally, the alcohol destroys brain cells. Habitual drinkers and alcoholics often end up with severe organic brain syndrome (similar to the debilitating Alzheimer's disease). In years past, it was often referred to as senile dementia.

I 2nd this... not to mention the amount of calories alcohol contains. I have seen the effects of alcohol- even light and social use. Please don't punish your body. This site is about being aware and finally treating our bodies with respect because we are worth having a healthy and long lasting life. With every drink, you could be shortening yours and/or the life of another. Just like food "overuse", drinking to excess- even just once "every so often" can have devastating effects. You're worth fueling your body with quality ingredients and we're here to cheer you on! :flowerforyou:
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Take night quil and sleep it off! Remember wine before liquior never been sicker.
  • reneelee
    Options
    She didn't ask for the preaching against alcohol, she asked for hang over remedies.
  • Manda1987
    Options
    I think it differs for everyone. I find that I do best with something salty, greasy and protein-y the day after, accompanied by a sports drink. Water does absolutely nothing for me. My favourites are either peanuts or bacon and hashbrowns with tons of hot sauce.

Of course, the best hangover cure is prevention... I find that if I drink a ton of water and take a multivitamin, I don't get hung over. I also don't if I only have a drink or two ;)
  • reneelee
    Options
    I think it differs for everyone. I find that I do best with something salty, greasy and protein-y the day after, accompanied by a sports drink. Water does absolutely nothing for me. My favourites are either peanuts or bacon and hashbrowns with tons of hot sauce.

Of course, the best hangover cure is prevention... I find that if I drink a ton of water and take a multivitamin, I don't get hung over. I also don't if I only have a drink or two ;)

Good advice about prevention, I read an article on Milk Thistle, says to take 1,000 mg. before a night of drinking. Milk Thistle is a liver cleans great for people that have been over weight and probably have a fatty liver, also good to reduce cholesteral and trigycerides. Take 1,000 mg. 2 times a day for one week then take 1,000mg. once a day for three weeks. Best results no drinking while doing a liver cleans.
    My dog had swollen liver and the vet asked me to give him milk thistle, he weighs 30 pounds and I gave him 250 mg. twice a day for one week then 250 mg once a day for three weeks. After this we rechecked his blood still not perfect, so we did it again and his lab results came back good .
    I did the milk thistle with him to see if there was any side affects and there is, I had a head ache above my eyebrows and was grumpy do to toxins being released.
    Six months ago I got off of cholesteral meds and meds for trigycerides did the liver cleans plus daily dose of fish oil 600mg., flaxseed 1000mg, red yeast rice 600mg., cinnamon for blood sugar 1000mg. Got my lab results two days ago and everything is good. I will be doing milk thistle cleans twice a year. Just wanted to share look into milk thistle the mayo clinic likes it too.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    She didn't ask for the preaching against alcohol, she asked for hang over remedies.

THANK YOU
    I never drink. Was home for the holidays and hung out with some friends. Didn't even have that much to drink. Also between drinks I was sucking down water like crazy. 8+ waters just at the bar and only three drinks and I was there for longer then 3 hours. I didn't go out and binge. I am still feeling horribly.
  • reneelee
    Options
    Have you taken your temp. I have been sick for over a week and I really don't notice being sick untill I try to read something and I can't focus and my eyes get real tired, so I take my temp and sure enough I'm running a fever. The fever has been on and off for over a week. I have been resting a lot , my husban came down with it three days ago. Hope you aren't sick, but there is a bug going around.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Orange Juice!
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    A light amount of carbs, like crackers or granola bars. Be sure to smell it first -- if the smell makes you want to vomit, don't eat it. Only eat if you think you can stomach it.

Drink Gatorade and water to get your electrolytes up and also keep yourself hydrated.

Curl up, watch TV, and keep warm.

Also, just going by what you said about you not drinking all that often -- you have more of a chance to get hangovers if you don't drink on a regular basis. This is what I've found, anyway. I used to never get hangovers but I usually got drunk maybe like once a month. Now, it's about every or every other weekend, and I get hangovers. Not saying that you should drink more often, but it's something to keep in mind :)