How to overcome a plateau

Options
Hey everyone ^^
I hope I'm writing to the right section in here but I really need an advice... My weight has not changed for 5 weeks, am I doing something wrong??
My calorie intake is around 1300 calories daily (4 meals), I exercise 6 times a week (3x strengt training, 5-6x cardio). During holidays I changed my cardio from Les Mills classes to running, swimming, Insanity... and for last two weeks I stopped eating meat.

I don't think that eating less than 1300 calories would be healthy... but what do you think could help me to loose weight?? Burning even more calories? I usually burn around 800 in the gym, sometimes even more...

Thanks for all responses :))

Replies

• FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You know when you watch sports and someone changes direction in a flash and their competition is left dumbfounded? That's what you have to do to your body. Personally i would go way over your calories for a day and throw in something completely alien to your normal routine like; basketball, rollerblading, tennis, offroad cycling... anything with great agility! If i'm too routined my body gets lazy, this works for me.

You're doing great, keep it up!!
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    You're probably being too aggressive, and your body is holding onto what it can for dear life, thus the plateau on the scales. Water retention is probably the culprit, and I found some suggestions to deal with it here: http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part_28.html

Something like a big carb re-feed if you're eating less carbs, or a day or two at maintenance calories may be enough to talk the body down. Most of all, have faith in your methods, and don't be even more aggressive, probably just give your body a bit of a break and let it reward you on the scales :)