Hi Everyone

Options
I found all of the posts in this forum very inspirational! I am truly amazed at how much weight some of you have lost. Incredible!

I have been trying to loose weight for months with little success. So the idea of even trying to loose 20 lbs seems next to impossible. However, I see people here that have lost 40,50, 100+ lbs. Wow!

I exercise a lot and eat very clean but I guess I don't have the correct balance of nutrition and calorie intake. I also am not in the most supportive household. My wife is 5' 8" 115lbs and can loose weight eating pizza, ice cream and napping. So, it can be challenging living with a super high metabolism eat-everything-in-sight counterpart that doesn't exercise and takes lots of naps and stays skinny as a stick. I eat half of what she does and exercise everyday and still manage to somehow gain weight.

It would be great to have some buddies to help keep me on track =)

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Congrats for joining, first off! From my 3 week experience on here, I have lost 8 pounds at the least (haven't weighed myself since monday). Counting calories and getting some exercise is IT! I've tried every diet out there, and i've honestly haven't lost weight, and gained so much self determination and confidence than I've using this site. Counting those calories and exercise is what's key. It REALLY does work, and I know you'll see it for yourself doing this. Merry Christmas and hope you have a happy and successful new year :)
  • huston91
    Options
    Hello Dave,

I feel you on your part...i just joined this ordeal a few minutes ago tbh and well im surrounded by people like your wife. As for myself, i eat a third of what most of my friends and loved ones eat and still find ways of gaining weight. As for the napping thing, sleeping is a great form of weight loss, without it you actually tend to gain more weight. But anyways, tomorrow starts my new adventure, and good luck with your conquest as well!!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Welcome to the site Dave. From what you've said it sounds like you're at least on the right track, clean eating + exercise is a really good start. Like you've said maybe you just need to find the correct balance.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    If you display your diary some people might be able to offer some advice.