Fat arms :(

geeky1
geeky1 Posts: 142
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
is there any type of exercises that will help with large arms. I have the family gene for fat arms and as I am at the start-ish of my weight loss, I would like a to start doing what I can with the particularly troublesom bits.
Based on what I just said, does anyone have any advise on boobs (going from big to small) and inner thighs (I would like to have a future gap between my legs).

Replies

• You can not spot reduce. Your body will lose weight where it chooses to lose weight you can't do anything to change that. It will come off in its own time. Strength training might help but it will still come off when it chooses to come off, just focus on eating healthier and being more active. Find an activity you enjoy, whether that be taking long or short walks, dancing around your home, doing workout videos, whatever it is, find something that you'll continue doing for quite a long time to come. Eat more nutrient dense foods rather than low-fat, low-calorie, focus on foods that are dense in nutrients. Lots of healthy fats, protein, carbs from fruits and veggies, low in refined sugars, low in sodium. Also drink lots of water and cut back on juices and sodas as they're just empty calories. Hope that gets you started.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Arms, boobs, thighs and stomachs all trouble spots all possible to tame BUT not at your pace, your bod will decide what fat you lose how quickly..... Cardio exercise all the way and the fat will melt ...
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Agree with the other posters - time, and cardio plus strength training! I used to have bingo wings but with my weight loss they have all but gone.
  • I have the same problem. When I lose some weight a decade ago I got slimmer arms, when I regain the weight, my arms became fat again... and really fat. :(
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Cardio, cardio, cardio..... you have to strip the fat by increasing your heart rate. You can tone underlying muscles with specific strength exercises but you have to get rid of the fat on the top first.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    lol you may never get rid of the bingo wings... im 105 and do cardio and strength training and i still have them! granted they have reduced but there is still a wobble. i may one day be a flying squirrel
  • Everyone is absolutely right, you cannot spot reduce. However, there are plenty of of exercises you can do to focus on your arms. The definition will only come out if you lose overall bodyfat though.

Push-ups and Tricep Dips are great classics that are classics because they work. They're definitely hard moves that you'll want to ease into.

Good luck!!! You can do it!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    I feel your pain!!! :sad:
    my daughter bought me a beautiful London Fog coat for Christmas and it is snug on arms n shoulders ...... gonna work like crazy now, gotta wear my new coat! its so pretty!! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.