Body Combat and other gym classes.

Baby_Belles
Baby_Belles Posts: 39
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Just wondering everyones experience with Body Combat and other gym classes. Any advice on the best most efficent most calorie burning ones. Any advice for said beginner ?

I have a membership to Gold's fyi. I'd like to know if others enjoy the classes as much as I do and if they've lost any weight and which ones are their favorite, etc. Basically anything you can tell me about the classes would be awesome any tips or anything.

Replies

• I just love, love, love P90X and I just saw and ab program on tv and ordered it. It's a really cool ab workout. Looks interesting! We'll see.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    my favourite is step

however with it being the new yr i might take the plunge and try other classes. body combat being one of them.... what does it include though? like whats a body combat class like? theres not much info on the website for my gym
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    If it's anything like my Body Combat (Les Mills class) then it's non contact combat routines, with a focus on cardio with some strength mixed in. It's basically a different (easy) routine to different music tracks with punch and kick combinations - some more physically demanding than others, but easy to follow moves. It's great fun. It's a good one to do before Les Mills Body Attack which is a more aerobic intense cardio class - also great fun. Pump is great for strength and Step is good if you're coordinated (not me!!)
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Body Combat , body attack attack and RPM/Spin would be great calorie burners (for me they are), Body step is quite fun too.

I love pump simply to tone up (it doesnt burn as much as cardio based over a short period but if you develop your muscle you burn more overal), but combat is fantastic for taking out frustrations (kicking and punching while stressed!!)

I would say, have a go at all the classes then stick with the ones you like. I wouldnt stick to any of my classes if i didnt like them!
This discussion has been closed.