The Shake Weight

arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
WOW! I have got to stop watching late night Tv and infomercials! :laugh:

I went to my orthopedic surgeon and told him I was buying one. His resposne? :noway: WHY? Same with my regular doctor (PCP) and my chiropractor nearly fainted. Each doctor told me it isnt good for me based on my neck injury. '

I of course told them I was only joking, much to their relief.

I bring this up because this is the week millions of ppl will spend billionsof dollars on rediculous crap that will 'fix' you in short order.

My friends, the only way to really do this is to eat less and exercise more. I am proof that if you stop doing that simple thing, you will gain weight back.

I am also proof that if you get right back on it is only 5 pounds and not 55!!

All these adverts for a pill, shake, juice, pc of equipment, cleanse, powder..............they may all work for a moment, but hopefully you have a LONG life to live and need to live it in a different way.

What item have you bought on TV that was a waste of money?

Mine was Slim in 6.................and I bought it TWICE!! Found the 1st one in my closet on VCR tapes after buying the 2nd one for $80.

NOW WAIT................it is an AWESOME system, and you will lose wieght and tone.............but for some reason if you dont put the DVD in and push that start button NOTHING HAPPENS:laugh:

(and I was able to give another MFPer the 1st set and she rocked it out...........so not a waste at all!!)

Replies

• lol. i love that for halloween a bunch of people in los angeles were weight shaker advocates. hilarious.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    all am gonna say is watch the south park episode haha
  • The only way I'd buy one is if it WAS the one from South Park. LOL!

I have similar rants about the toning shoes and now pants (PANTS???) that are out. It's just plain laziness.
  • OMG! I recently saw the infomercial for the pants and shirts that tone. WTH!?!?!?

Regarding the shoes... I own a pair. LOL.... I bought them bc the proceeds went to charity. I wore them for 2 wks and thought "this crap doesnt work but they sure are comfortable!" And they are comfortable.

Then I had a 14 hr day on set, running up and down 3 floors throughout the day. By the end of the night, my hamstrings were on fire! Sooooo.... I'm not gonna say they don't work. LOL... but you might need to wear them for 14 hrs to feel anything. hahahaha. ;)
  • arewethereyet
    OMG! I recently saw the infomercial for the pants and shirts that tone. WTH!?!?!?

Regarding the shoes... I own a pair. LOL.... I bought them bc the proceeds went to charity. I wore them for 2 wks and thought "this crap doesnt work but they sure are comfortable!" And they are comfortable.

Then I had a 14 hr day on set, running up and down 3 floors throughout the day. By the end of the night, my hamstrings were on fire! Sooooo.... I'm not gonna say they don't work. LOL... but you might need to wear them for 14 hrs to feel anything. hahahaha. ;)

running up and down stairs all day in flip flops will burn up your hammies too :laugh:
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Malibu Pilates Chair....It might have worked for me but I ended up shattering my leg leaving it pretty much useless for the chair.
  • arewethereyet
    I talked to my podiatrist about the shoes. He said he loves them because he gets LOTS of new business :wink:

I really want the shirt by Nike because I have a neck problem and when I hold back my shoulders it aligns my neck. Maybe the gentle reminder will help me.........of course if it is over 20 bux forgitaboutit :laugh:

I just hate all the crap that is advertised this week 24/7. Was sucked in for SO many years. All of them were helpful in some way, but could also be achieved by doing a push up or crunch or walking.............you dont need to make someone else rich.

What stuff have you bought??

I tried Nutrisystem once. 3 months, 8 pounds...........gained 12 the week after I stopped having it delivered.
  • arewethereyet
    Malibu Pilates Chair....It might have worked for me but I ended up shattering my leg leaving it pretty much useless for the chair.

Oh so sorry about your leg. Are you better now?

I had a treadmill that was used all summer.

Dried all my towels and bathing suits for the kids:blushing:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    arewethereyet I will just add to your post by saying that I fell pray to this very thing. :mad: BAD ME! It was at a Bed, Bath, & Beyond that I went in while on vacation. I tried it for two days and was really ticked off at myself that once again I spent money on something like this. Now it sits here and stares at me, everyday, as I grab my kettle ball and my arm weights and head out the door to workout. DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT, everyone. arewethereyet it so right!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet I will just add to your post by saying that I fell pray to this very thing. :mad: BAD ME! It was at a Bed, Bath, & Beyond that I went in while on vacation. I tried it for two days and was really ticked off at myself that once again I spent money on something like this. Now it sits here and stares at me, everyday, as I grab my kettle ball and my arm weights and head out the door to workout. DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT, everyone. arewethereyet it so right!

Sorry! Well lets see what we can do with it?

Wrap it and give it to someone you dont like very much.
    Use it as a regular weight to do skull crushers..........each time reminded of 'stupid stupid stupid" :laugh:
    Door stop?
    Hold open a window?

turn it on and leave it on the floor for kitty to play with!!

LOL
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    OMG! I recently saw the infomercial for the pants and shirts that tone. WTH!?!?!?

running up and down stairs all day in flip flops will burn up your hammies too :laugh:
    So do I need to have a shake weight in each pocket of my 'shape up' pants while wearing my flip flops (what color do they need to be??:laugh: ) charging up the stairs? Oh I too saw those shape up clothes and thought, OMG-no way!. But ya know when you see it on TV for just a blip of second I thought, hm..how's that work. NO I didn't think YAY I wanna buy them, but I pondered how they might work. Then I came to and thought, OMG what next! BUT how much ya wanna bet they are selling like hotcakes?:noway: :wink:

Oh btw... to the person with the burning hamstrings? That pain can also be an indication of ill fitting shoes.:smokin:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member

Sorry! Well lets see what we can do with it?

Wrap it and give it to someone you dont like very much.
    Use it as a regular weight to do skull crushers..........each time reminded of 'stupid stupid stupid" :laugh:
    Door stop?
    Hold open a window?

turn it on and leave it on the floor for kitty to play with!!

LOL
    door stop? yup first thing that came to mind! :wink: Actually someone before the Holidays was looking for White Elephant ideas...so if you have closet space it'd be a great gag gift for that, save it for next year:laugh: Or put it out for a garage sale or donations. The person picking it up will think, heck of a deal for $1!! That'll save them money, make their day by thinking of how much they saved and how much those arms are gonna burn by using it. PLUS you'll make a $1 back and learn a lesson NOT to buy impulse items with the word fitness on them.:laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.