how to avoid temptation...Help!!

Options
I am at work,behind me is the community snack area. My boss brought in Angel Food cake with peach sauce and cool whip.Another girl brought in Tim Horton's Tim bit doughnuts,another Tootsie rolls!!! I don't want even a bite because that will start the sugar cravings I Have gotten over the last 2 months with out it,Currently munching on radishes... and tricks or advice!!!

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    For me I did not completely eliminate anything I enjoyed eating or drinking I just watched my quantity and entered it in my diary before I ate it to help me decide if it was worth it. Good Luck

Peanut Butter was always a sweet healthy treat for me

29509743.png
  • onelovejenn
    Options
    UGH, I have the same problem at my job, and the holidays, forget it, there is always some sinful, yummy goodness in the employee lounge. For me, I just keep other snacks available, fruit, nuts and yogurt. Anytime there is a birthday we all gather around over birthday cake and sing happy birthday. While people eat cake, I pull out my snack (then I go back to my office asap, lol) I know I could fit a small slice into my calories for the day, but for me that what open the flood gates.

It can be done, it takes willpower, but you will see after you make it through the first few times, it will get easier. You have done it for 2 months now, if you gave you will have to start that all over again.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You need to keep something healthy with you for days like that. I don't stop eating what I really love, I control the portion sizes and log it no matter what. You don't have to munch on radishes to lose weight either x
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    bump for advice
  • taroski
    Options
    I don't know how it works with you, but coffee works great for me in matter of being hungry
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    First, I don't deprive myself of anything, if I'm hungry I eat it just so long as I have room in my caloric allowance. As far as unplanned goodies tossed in at work (we get tons of sales rep offerings), I just look at my ultimate goal and remember the work I've put in.
  • traneshaph
    traneshaph Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too work at an office where there is constantly donuts, danishes, etc. This advice is REALLY helpful. Thanks. It helps to know that I don't have to completely deprive myself but just watch my portion. I also like the suggestion here to log it in and see if it's worth it before I eat it.
  • sweetigirl
    Options
    I also have the same situation with clients bringing in goodies as well as coworkers. you have just got to purpose in your heart that you are not going to allow them to' sabotage' your weightloss goals!! speak it out loud somewhere if you have to." you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you." I say this to encourage you. You are an OVERCOMER! if you cant stop at one bite, you are not ready to allow yourself a treat.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have a photograph of myself in a bikini at 190lb. (its in my profile). I have it on my computer as a desktop background. It reminds me of why I won't be eating all the rubbish I used to eat. It reminds me of why I am doing this, and it has worked. Also, I won't be led or tempted by other people and what they eat. Good luck
  • asha8907
    asha8907 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! I work in a retail pharmacy and theres always snacks available. It's too easy! I'm going at this a different way this week. Extra extra water. Want an unhealthy snack? I'm gonna have some water. I'll let you know how this goes for me!! Haha
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It's not always easy. Some times I can say "eh, it's not worth the calories" and stick to my planned meals/snacks but some days it's too tempting but I limit myself to a little taste and call it good. Out of all of your options, I'd probably choose the angel food cake.
  • hellodangergirl
    hellodangergirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat peppermint candies. The flavor is strong enough that I won't want anything else and the sugar is a real treat for me. Gum or something similar might help you.
  • Tippy05
    Options
    I have the same problem, except at home! I have no problem passing up sweets/goodies at work but for some reason, in the privacy of my own home, where no one can see me cheat, it's so much easier to throw food in my mouth. UGH!

Gum/mints is a great start! Bump for more suggestions.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I am at work,behind me is the community snack area. My boss brought in Angel Food cake with peach sauce and cool whip.Another girl brought in Tim Horton's Tim bit doughnuts,another Tootsie rolls!!! I don't want even a bite because that will start the sugar cravings I Have gotten over the last 2 months with out it,Currently munching on radishes... and tricks or advice!!!

The cool whip grosses out so the cake is not a problem, if there was an apple fritter in the doughnut selection I may have a moment of temptation though!

I've found the easiest way to avoid temptation is to occasionally give in to it, enjoy little treats every now and then- you only make yourself miserable by denying yourself things you enjoy.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    An idea would be having some angel food cake plain without the toppings. Pretty low calorie and still a treat.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

I have a bad sweet tooth and I do the following.

1 or 2 tablespoon of sugar in 24oz of water.
    1 packet of fun size MM as needed.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For me I did not completely eliminate anything I enjoyed eating or drinking I just watched my quantity and entered it in my diary
    '

Yes. I found that if I really, really, really want something, I have to give it to myself, otherwise I binge on other things and then eat what it is I wanted anyway...

For example, yesterday I really wanted a Red Velvet cupcake. I couldn't think about anything else. I got it and ate it for dinner. It was well within my calories, but because it was what I wanted, I ate it and fell *under* my calorie goal. I was satisfied.

It's very important for me to stay focused but not deny myself.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I look at it, smell it, and walk away. Except the brownies last week, I had about a quarter of a square, I got to taste it and it was good, but didn't go back for the rest of the piece
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    thanks to all for the support. It is afternoon and the cake is all gone. I drank water with lots of lemon, had Iced Coffee and ate radishes. I live to fight another day.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I look at it, smell it, and walk away. Except the brownies last week, I had about a quarter of a square, I got to taste it and it was good, but didn't go back for the rest of the piece

^^^ this is what i SO wish i could do