Other things that could cause weight gain (disease)?

Options
2»

Replies

• jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It looks like you lost weight. Are those weights daily? What is the average weekly weight loss & when did you start? & if you are eating a lot of food that is processed & full of sodium you'll be retaining water
  • thcguy123
    Options
    Doctors appointment today.

Going to talk about weight loss, general health, workout plan, my nutrition, etc

Getting blood tests for low testosterone, glucose (pre-diabetes), cholesterol, and thyroid. See if any of them might be hindering my efforts.

Was thinking about maybe getting a prescription for a weight loss pill too - heard good things - not sure if anyone else have ever used one in conjunction with exercise and good eating?!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    let us know! interested to see what you find out
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    And while I hate to tell you this... alcohol has a long-lasting effect on your metabolism. Even once a week is enough to cause problems.

Do you have a peer-reviewed source for this claim, and for your other advice? And what kind of "effect" and "problems" do you mean?
  • thcguy123
    Options
    Waiting for test results in about a week.

She actually suggested looking into weight loss surgery - she said about 85% of her clients who have done it have kept off the weight ten years later.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    WIshing you good luck with the tests and future Dr visit!

I met with a bariatric surgeon to talk about surgery a couple of years ago. I didn't go for surgery in the end but several of my coworkers have had the surgery with good or moderately good success over the long term. Its a life changing and challenging experience and its important to have a good support group and a really good relationship with your doctors to make the weight loss a life long success.

Also, keep tracking your food and your workouts. More than likely they'll also have you visit an endocrinologist and a dietician as a part of the pre-op and post-op processes. They both like to know exactly what you eat and having a food diary for them to see is a big help

Hope everything works out awesomely for you!
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Waiting for test results in about a week.

She actually suggested looking into weight loss surgery - she said about 85% of her clients who have done it have kept off the weight ten years later.

You're looking for the easy way out. If you're thinking about weight loss surgery. Try being on a calorie deficit for at least a year.