Joined today & mean business!!!

Options
Hello everyone, As the title says, I joinged myfitnesspal today upon a recommendation. It looks like a good and easy site to use in order to keep track of your food.

I really need to lose some weight. I gave birth to my baby girl 6 months ago today, and so need to shed some serious pounds. After her birth I was about 10-14lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight, however I am now over 28lb's away from it. If I dont do something I will soon weight what I did at 9 months pregnant!!!

I have always struggled with my weight, and have always been a bigger girl. I am always trying to diet, and was quite successful before falling pregnant with my little girl in October 2009. It took me from the birth of my little boy in May 2006 to Jan 2009 to get myself into gear, and right now I am struggling to get my mindset back to go for it.

But, hopefully this site will help me with that. xx

Replies

• mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find this site to be much more than you could have possibly imagined! I LOVE IT! The people are amazing, the tools are so useful, and it's the only thing I've stuck to without quitting. I haven't lost a lot, but I've learned a TON! Good luck on your journey!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It seems like a long road ahead, but time flies by and before you know it you'll be at your goal and feelin' GREAT! Don't let the seemingly long road ahead discourage you! You can do it!! You've taken the first step and that is definitely something to be really proud of. You should give yourself a pat on the back! :)
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    There is a mantra about this site that goes, "This isn't a diet site, this is a lifestyle site." In short, we are not just dieting to lose weight, we are changing our lives so that we are more healthy. It takes work to log your food and be honest about everything you put in your mouth. If you haven't already, make sure you have a set of measuring cups and a scale so that you can keep track of exactly how much you are eating. The great thing about this site is that it's food database is pretty comprehensive. You can find just about anything there. Even if it isn't there, it isn't a lot of trouble to add.

Don't get caught up on everything going well right from the beginning. A lot of people take some time to figure out what works for them. Right now the key is just to make yourself aware of what you're eating. Start an exercise regiment, but again, don't expect too much too quickly. Ease yourself into it so your body can acclimate and adjust.

Last of all, drinking water is one of the best things you can do. Keep a water bottle nearby and keep it filled always. Drinking water helps the weight loss processes and will ensure that your body doesn't need to retain water. Less water retention means nearly instant weight loss.

If you're married, get your husband on board as much as you can. One of the greatest barriers is non-supportive partners. Contrariwise, a supportive partner can be one of your greatest boons because they are there to keep a closer eye on you than the rest of us can.

Good luck!
  • tashie76
    Options
    Thanks guys for your warm welcomes and advice. I'm looking forward to getting started. I've had a new gym programme done for me at the gym, I went up to being 24 weeks pregnant, but then found it too much so stopped going.

Thanks again.xx