Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Reducing Exercise

Hey guys I'm new to the site (though I am NOT new to the weight loss scene and have lost 60 pounds already)
In the beginning I would work out an hour seven days a week (it is like this running, jump rope, pushup mix) after a while I added in another hour of of high intensity dancing and have been doing that for a couple months.

But now I'm concerned because once I move out of my parents house and actually do something with my life (lol) I'm NOT gonna have time to work out for 2 hours a day. So If I switch back to an hour a day will I keep losing weight?!? .... I'm so afraid that I'll start gaining if I don't work out as much.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    losing weight is more about how much you eat, not how many hours you spend a day doing cardio.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    diet for weight loss
    workout for health.

you don't need to work out for 2 hours every day.

2-3 times a week of whole body workouts will be fine for your general well being and health.

If you have plans on being fit- you may need to be more specific/aggressive- but you can do 2 sessions a week and be fine.

secondly- you aren't losing hours necessarily- just prioritizing. People have the same time as everyone else- you can organize it how you like- some people like playing video games- some like working out- some like doing both.

It's all how you organize it. You have more time in a day than you realize ;) we as a species are REALLY efficient at wasting time.
  • If you work out less, you'll have to diet more, to keep getting the same results. Once it gets cold enough that I can't be spending an hour a day on my bicycle anymore, I'll have to do the same... If you take a look at your diet, though, you can keep on making progress towards your goals. :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    exercise is for fitness. you won't be creating as large of a calorie deficit, so you will have to adjust your caloric intake (you will have fewer exercise calories to eat back) but that's really the only difference. as long as you maintain a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.