Outstanding Xmas Gift

arp1217
arp1217 Posts: 38 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I was so excited yesterday when I opened my heart rate monitor! I was so excited to use it that I used it today to see how many calories I could burn and see how high my heart rate gets when I shovel snow. Results are in:

507.6 calories
Min Heart Rate: 97
Max Heart Rate: 160
Average Heart Rate: 125
Time: 84 mins

This is awesome because I never really knew what I was burning or how my heart rate was working before. I can't wait to really start working out with my running, walking, ellipticalling, and weight training. Let's get this new year off to a great start and in great shape for my bday celebration with my best friend in the Western Caribbean!

Good Luck to everyone!

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    WARNING.....you will get addicted to that thing...i know i am :)
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Heart Rate Monitors are a wonderful thing to help you get a better idea of how much you are burning.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Awesome gift! Which HRM did you get? :flowerforyou:
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    I got one too and am already addicted! I love it but I am realizing that I burn much less then the machines, MFP and various websites had lead me to believe I'm burning so now I should be able to really keep track :bigsmile: Enjoy!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Great gift! I am looking at getting one myself. Any suggestions?
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    I just got one as well...I got a timex ironman brand one. I used it on my run this morning. I can't wait to bring it to the gym with me this week and see what it says vs. the machines.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    They are awesome. I found I burned WAY less than MFP told me. So nice to know what you are actually burning.

Laura
  • arp1217
    arp1217 Posts: 38 Member
    I am so happy to know that I am not the only one that is addicted to their HRM....LOL I got a Woman's Sportline HRM. I picked it out from Sears where they have all of their exercise equipment because it was recommended in Runner's Magazine and they also gave you a one year subscription as well to either Runner's Magazine or Women's/Men's Health.

I love mine so far, just getting used to wearing the chest strap but it's actually pretty comfortable. Can't wait to take it for my workout tomorrow. I also did realized that I was burning less then what MFP was telling me but now I am happy I have this so I have more of an accurate idea of how much I am truly burning. What a powerful little device....LOL
This discussion has been closed.