HIIT on DVDs ?

Fineraziel
Fineraziel Posts: 140
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello! :)

I see a lot of people here swear by HIIT. I would like to give it a try, but I find it difficult to watch the clock every minute or so in order to know when I need to switch intensity... :S I have a HRM but it wouldnt allow me to set it for interval training, and of course I dont want to buy another HRM! :/

So I would like to know if there is any good DVD that I could follow to do HIIT at home ???

Replies

• iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    insanity or turbofire
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    insanity or turbofire

While different programs, they both do feature HIIT. Insanity flips it though, in that it does longer High Intensity with shorter lower intensity.

With that said, both are killer programs!!!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Insanity is an amazing HIIT program if you can put it in your budget.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Cathe.com has Intensity and HIIT. HIIT has three workouts and Intensity can be done as a whole or premix. Both have video clips up. HTH! I burn more with Cathe than Turbo Fire.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    I use a GymBoss to let me know when to switch intensity. I got it from Amazon for $20. It clips on my waistband and vibrates after each set interval. I have mine set to vibrate every minute, so I sprint until it vibrates (1 minute high intensity), then run at a lesser pace until it vibrates twice (2 minutes lesser intensity). Works great!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Cathe.com has Intensity and HIIT. HIIT has three workouts and Intensity can be done as a whole or premix. Both have video clips up. HTH! I burn more with Cathe than Turbo Fire.

Cathe's HIIT dvd was going to be my suggestion as well.
  • Thank you everyone! :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I have Turbo Fire, I absolutely love it and would recomend it to anyone but it's a bit pricey..if price is an issue I also love Jillian Michael's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism...only $10 at Target or Walmart.
  • I use a GymBoss to let me know when to switch intensity. I got it from Amazon for $20. It clips on my waistband and vibrates after each set interval. I have mine set to vibrate every minute, so I sprint until it vibrates (1 minute high intensity), then run at a lesser pace until it vibrates twice (2 minutes lesser intensity). Works great!

I have a gym boss as well and it's amazing but for some reason if I put it in my pocket rather than clipping it to my waistband or anything else, if I try using it later on it won't turn on. If I keep it on my waistband it works perfectly. Very strange but just something I've noticed. I've had to reset it several times because of that but after each reset it works just fine.

You say sprint for a minute I'm assuming you mean more of a fast run than a sprint correct? As there aren't many professional athletes that can sprint for a minute. The definition of a sprint is a full out run and by definition you shouldn't be able to do that for longer than 20 secs if you're lucky.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    I love the HIIT drills in Turbo Fire, but I'll concur that if it's HIIT you want, that Cathe's HIIT workouts are VERY good (and will get your heart rate up!)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Insanity or Turbofire through Beachbody.
This discussion has been closed.