Challenge!! no fast food for a month

Options
13»

Replies

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I used to have 2 McDonald's sandwiches every morning on my way to work. I would get 2 because I didn't like the hash browns and thought a whole other sandwich was a good substitute? Happy to say I haven't had any McDonald's breakfast sandwiches (or other fast food breakfast) since May! And I really only eat fast food now when I'm traveling, it is no longer part of my everyday diet! So I"ll have it maybe 1-2 times a month, I just work it into my day or go over that day, which is fine becaue the rest of teh days I'm almost always under. (Plus I'm saving a ton of money, $5-$6 every morning really adds up!)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I just looked at my calendar and it has been 2 months since I have had any type of fast food. I have been eating my breakfast, lunch and dinner from home and go to nicer restaurants on the weekends. I also cut out diet drinks and artificial sweeteners. I feel so much better. Lost 10 pounds and want to keep on going. I do have a cruise in 10 days, but I am going to be very careful and not partake of the big buffets and watch what I eat. Best of luck to everyone! We can do this.

You're going on a cruise and not going to take part in the buffets? Damn that's the main reason I've gone on cruises.

I think I'm changing my dinner plans on going to McD
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    :sad:

What? Poke holes in your logic?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    (what if MFP told you that you can lose weight without fighting these windmills of your mind)

(Shhh! Stop telling everyone the secret.)
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Alright folks, I need help doing this.... my will isn't that strong at the moment. All I am asking is for someone to keep me motivated to stay away from fast food for a month.. maybe even longer... you can yell at me, just keep me motivated to not eat fast food...

I'm on day 25 of this! And shockingly I've had a great weight loss month.....hmmmmm - wonder if that's related at all!
    You can do it - :)
    Nic
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Bear-how-about-no.jpg
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    To be clear :)

I think you can eat at a fast food restaurant and still be 'healthy' and make good choices - I simply chose to not do it for 30 days based on the present eating plan I'm following - it doesn't quite fit into that for me right now -

I'm not bashing any 'healthy' fast food eaters! LOL
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    No thanks - I couldn't do that to someone who loves McDonald's that much <<<<<
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Does this rule out Five Guys and Chipotle? They are technically "fast casual" and therefore not within the marketing confines of "fast food."

What about Steak N Shake?? Is that "fast casual"??
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    eatchair.jpg

^find it funny this kid has a napkin as a bib - like any food doesn't make it in!
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Can I get time for good behavior? Well unless you count my flat bread 6 inch chicken breast with no cheese and all the veg not healthy enough....I haven't been to one since Mid June!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Mcdonalds or Bojangles every morning at my old job, and then usually McD's, Subway, or Arby's for lunch.

That is all...

Oh, I lost 63 lbs. while doing so.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I don't eat near as much fast food as I used to and have magically put on about 15 lbs since my lowest weight about a year ago. Must be over consumption IDK.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Does this rule out Five Guys and Chipotle? They are technically "fast casual" and therefore not within the marketing confines of "fast food."

What about Steak N Shake?? Is that "fast casual"??

Oooh I haven't been there in months, thanks!
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have a hard time making good choices at fast food restaurants, so it's just easier for me to avoid them all together, which is why I'm doing this challenge. As for which restaurants are fast food -- I would think that it would be up to whomever is joining. I'm not including Panera as a fast food restaurant because I can make good choices for myself there, but someone else might have a hard time turning down broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl and so Panera gets included on their no-go list.

Go with what's attainable for you!
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yeah no.

Ive lost 13.33% of my highest body weight. I am healthy and I still have a normal life. I eat A and W, SUbway and anything else I feel like.

I like food. Im not going to restrict anything as I don't see it being at all benefitial.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think I'm changing my dinner plans on going to McD

I already had plans for BK tonight. Going to have a Double Stack and still be under my calorie goal. And later I'll have some dark chocolate and cookies. But to each his own.