WHY dont they notice?

Options
siiigh.
well, i guess its complaining time for me. I try to steer away from any type of negative vibe..but you know how it goes. heres my thing today

there are a couple of women at my job that get me so frustrated. I've overheard quite a few "my you are looking thinner" and "wow you've really lost weight" But not once have any been directed towards me! I know im being a jealous girl, but i think the reason it is bugging me so much, is because i am the only one in the office who has made a drastic lifestyle change, and the ones who are getting noticed are the ones who eat hardees every morning, and get a soda every afternoon!

Not that i dont love you guys and Mr. Luvsparkles very much, but ive almost lost ten pounds and NOONE besides yall seems to have noticed. or if they have, they sure havnt let me know :(

so thats pretty much it. I guess i have to be down 20 lbs before anyone will notice. (but the other girl hasnt seemed to have lost any yet she still gets consistent compliments on her 'size'

gaw i hate the jealousy gene!

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    siiigh.
    well, i guess its complaining time for me. I try to steer away from any type of negative vibe..but you know how it goes. heres my thing today

there are a couple of women at my job that get me so frustrated. I've overheard quite a few "my you are looking thinner" and "wow you've really lost weight" But not once have any been directed towards me! I know im being a jealous girl, but i think the reason it is bugging me so much, is because i am the only one in the office who has made a drastic lifestyle change, and the ones who are getting noticed are the ones who eat hardees every morning, and get a soda every afternoon!

Not that i dont love you guys and Mr. Luvsparkles very much, but ive almost lost ten pounds and NOONE besides yall seems to have noticed. or if they have, they sure havnt let me know :(

so thats pretty much it. I guess i have to be down 20 lbs before anyone will notice. (but the other girl hasnt seemed to have lost any yet she still gets consistent compliments on her 'size'

gaw i hate the jealousy gene!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It takes the first month for you to feel a difference, it takes a second month for you to see a difference, it takes the third month for others to notice the difference.

:flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    That stinks! Some people try not to comment on other people's bodies, but that doesn't seem to be the case....

Hmmm, maybe parade around naked and see if they notice the new you? :laugh:

WE NOTICE! Whoo, hooo! Good job! Pat on the back!
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    The important thing is that you are changing your life!!! I understand wanting others to notice, but just dont be too down on yourself. You are doing a great job!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If they're eating all that cr@p then they're just trying to make each other feel good. They probably have noticed, but feel bad about themselves so don't want to say anything.

fwiw - It took me 20 pounds before anyone said anything to me. Keep up your good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds and no one has noticed--other than Mr. Shorerider :tongue:

Several years back, I lost over 40 pounds and no one noticed :angry: I got so discouraged I gave up and went back to bad habits again--gained back the 40 I lost plus 30 more :cry:

Don't let how others view you change how you feel about yourself! If you feel great, that's all that matters.

And remember--we are all already beautiful because we have decided to make a change for the better!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Liana25
    Liana25 Posts: 31
    Options
    I understand how that feels I lost 51 pounds and I had tell my family I had lost it for them to notice then out of no where I drop another 15 pounds and everyone starts noticing. The truth is I only notice the difference because of the scale, my clothes and my tape measurement. I guess if I look really closely I can tell a small physical difference but other than that I don't see it but I feel healthier. I know I'll continue to experience problems from feeling jealous over my dad dropping easily and I long for the moment where I can shock my family with my weight loss (other than my dad because he sees me everyday). I'd say cheer up but truthfully I think we should all be allowed to sometimes express frustration without it being negative. It is okay to feel bad as long as doesn't keep you from doing what you got to. Also, double check that you are wearing the right size clothes, I've had a smaller size I'm suppose to try on for like a week now but I've been too busy with everything else to do a fashion show for myself! :tongue: :laugh:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Dang Sparks I feel the same way (and have lost 10lbs too). I want so bad to get some pics on my profile just to show someone my progress.

PS. U R doing great.
  • lahryn
    lahryn Posts: 6
    Options
    Perhaps your clothing is hiding the 10 lbs you've lost.
    If you're still wearing the same clothing or if its baggy/loose fitting, they may not be noticing what your clothes are hiding (or they think that you were thin to begin with!)

You could try buying a new outfit that is flattering to your newly shrinking body and perhaps they will notice then! And even if they dont, its more important that YOU are noticing.

Good luck!
    Lahryn
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your clothing is hiding the 10 lbs you've lost.
    If you're still wearing the same clothing or if its baggy/loose fitting, they may not be noticing what your clothes are hiding (or they think that you were thin to begin with!)

You could try buying a new outfit that is flattering to your newly shrinking body and perhaps they will notice then! And even if they dont, its more important that YOU are noticing.

Good luck!
    Lahryn

This exact thing happened to me. I've lost most of my 37 lbs during the winter and was wearing bulky sweaters, etc. Now that it has warmed up and I can wear shorts and t-shirts I have friends that have seen me every week for 6 months finally notice the difference and say something! And, boy, have they noticed... They all ask "How did you do it?" And when I say "Exercise and eating smart", their faces drop because they are hoping for a quick fix answer...Probably not what your co-workers want to hear either....one person said she was going to make me a cake - what is that all about? Maybe cake got me in trouble in the first place :tongue:
    Keep up your good work! You will feel better about yourself and that will drive them nuts!