Recipe importer is giving wrong calories

Options
mrsmcmo
mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
Why, when I use the "recipe importer", does it give me an insane number of calories? When I further investigate it's telling me completely wrong things like 1, 540ml can of chick peas is 4883 calories? On the can I have it says that 250ml (1c) is 210. And on another recipe it somehow changed grated carrots to grated cheese??? Am I doing something wrong here, or is there something else wrong? Is there any easy way to fix this other than to enter in all the ingredients separately?

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    The importer is only a computer program. It's only as good as the information it receives. If you're very concerned or having big issues like that, I highly recommend adding the individual ingredients to a recipe you create, and then you can ensure you are using the official entries, not user-created entries which could be incorrect. It's not that much more time, honestly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You should enter the ingredients separately anyway, so far every single recipe I've made had an incorrect calorie value.
  • backflip2
    Options
    I've always had problem with the recipes editor, to solve the problem I just create a meal instead of a recipe.
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks everyone. I will just enter the ingredients separately.